AMS
Topic Author

SLM Surinam Airways Only Codeshare?

Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:56 am

Surinam airways PY, has many codeshare flights with LM Royal Dutch Airlines">KL and LM
I believe that they still operate a service from airport Zorg and hoop to Georgetown , British Guyana .

Also PY crashed in the late 80's on a DC-8 AMS-PBM. Shortly upon arrivel in PBM the plane went down.

Also PY used to serve MIA, but I heard that this route is now operated with a US carrier?

AMS
Topic Author

RE: SLM Surinam Airways Only Codeshare?

Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:05 am

anyone some info.........?

MAH4546

Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:20 am

Surinam Airways' cannot fly thier own aircraft to the United States. Hence, thier service to MIA is operated on thier behalf by Dutch Caribbean Airways.
a.

airfrancejfk

Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:34 am

SLM used to fly DC-8's from Paramaribo to Amsterdam and Miami throughout the 80's.

One of their DC-8's "Anthony Nesty", named after the national swimmer who brought home a gold medal in the 1988 Summer Olympics went down on approach into Paramaribo, killing all onboard including I believe the entire national soccer team. Lots of info about this crash on the net.

SLM briefly used an MD-87 and I believe they now use a DC-9. They operate their own aircraft to POS, BGI, GEO, CAY, Belem and I believe St. Maarten. They also fly to Curacao where they connect with either ALM or DCA which flies to Miami. Either way, the SLM route to Miami is a code share. I'm not sure if ALM or DCA fly direct MIA-PBM. SLM also code shares with KLM with KL aircraft on the AMS-PBM route. Hope this helps.

717fan

Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:37 am

They recently added a ex-CO MD-82 to its fleet.The DC-9-51 is to leave the fleet.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos