Aloha717200
Topic Author

Air Canada Service To Kahului?

Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:02 pm

Hi all,

I have a question: On the Kahului airport website it says that the airport is served by Air Canada. Yet on Air Canada's website I can't find any schedule information for service to Kahului at all.

I'm speaking of the timetable. I'm interested in airline timetables and I keep a record of them for use with building traffic databases in FS2002...basically, I program aircraft to fly real-world routes and right now I'm expanding service at Kahului airport in my flight sim by adding the real-world flights.

It's funny that on the Kahului website it says they're serviced by Air Canada, but Air Canada's flight schedule has no listing for Kahului airport (OGG), nor any listing of a flight out of one of their hubs destined to Kahului.

Can anyone explain? I know that AC does cargo flights into OGG as well but there's no schedule information for that, either, just a phone number for the Kahului cargo center.

Anyone have any information about Air Canada ops at Kahului airport, or if they just recently cut service to OGG?

ha763

RE: Air Canada Service To Kahului?

Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:13 pm

Air Canada does service Kahului from Vancouver. If you go to their interactive route map, it shows the line connecting the two cities and it says that the route is operated by Air Canada. I believe it is a winter seasonal service only.

Aloha717200
Topic Author

Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:16 pm

Ahhhh, so that would explain why it isn't in the current timetable.

Can you tell me (if you know) what times the flights used to operate in winter? Any info on the Cargo schedule? Do they run that year-round?

ha763

Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:35 pm

This year's schedule runs from 26OCT to 03APR. Leaves YVR at 6:25pm arrives at 10:30pm. Returns 11:55pm and arrives in YVR 7:20am the next day.

As for cargo, I have no idea. It might be seasonal since the only flights that come up in the cargo timetable are the seasonal OGG flights.