Ndebele
Topic Author

Question About BmiBaby Boarding Procedure

Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:28 pm

Next month I will be flying bmiBaby from MUC to CWL and back, and I have some questions about their check-in / boarding procedures: I guess they don't assign the seats, it's probably free seating, isn't it? How about boarding, will they start with the lower sequence numbers first, and if so, which security numbers will be in the first boarding group? I know Ryanair has "priority boarding" for sequence numbers 1 through 65, Germanwings 1 through 30, but how about bmiBaby?

Thanks in advance for your help!

TriStar500

RE: Question About BmiBaby Boarding Procedure

Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:02 pm

Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Ndebele
Topic Author

Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:31 pm

Hi TriStar500, oops, yes I have seen this report, and I see that I have even replied to the report, OMG I must have forgotten about it somehow Embarrassment

DoorsToManual

Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:15 pm

Hi

As far as I have seen on my flights with both 4U and FR, priority boarding is not working, or gate staff are not enforcing it. On a flight from CGN to STN, there was absolutely no order in the queue. As for Ryanair, I saw nothing different from the usual rush of pax, on a flight to HHN after the supposedly new procedures had been introduced.

Even easyjet only seems to enforce this practise at LTN. Whilst boarding in MAD, the same thing: absolutely no priority.

Why is this happening? I mean, I don't really care that much as I usually get a window seat somewhere on the plane, but you'd think they would try to enforce this supposedly superior system better.

Jaspike

Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:57 pm

MyTravelLite were rubbish at boarding... see my report in Trip Reports Big thumbs up

Josh

BFS

Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:46 pm

Bmibaby actually use assigned seating, much like Go used to, so boarding isn't as pushed. Of the LoCos I've only flown with MyTravelLite and easyJet. EZY were actually very strict about boarding sequence any time I've flown them, except once from LPL, and they've even gone so far as to tell people to sit down until they are called. VZ on the other hand was a shambles.