SInGAPORE_AIR

Questions About Security @ SFO (Again) And Baggage

Sat Aug 23, 2003 7:32 am

Greetings,

Am departing SFO next week. Pity.

But anyway, how's security going out. Is film safe or do we have to go through the excrutiating pain of manual checking of film?

Also, it's one person can carry one suitcase of 32kg and another of 32kg making a total of two suitcases totalling up to 64kg isn't it?

Thanks.
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

luv2fly

RE: Questions About Security @ SFO (Again) And Baggage

Sat Aug 23, 2003 7:52 am

Carry your film with you on board the aircraft as if TSA screens it packed in your checked luggage, it now will be useless. Your question about the luggage is correct each person is allowed the weight limit.
You can cut the irony with a knife

SInGAPORE_AIR

RE: Questions About Security @ SFO (Again) And Bag

Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:13 am

Thank you.

Are they nice people at SFO departures?

Also, if they see stuff like chocolates and stuff in hand luggage bags, do they make a deal of it?

gamps

Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:17 am

They don't care what you take when you are leaving USA.

Really outbound must be very easy. US has no outbound immigration check so one less hassle. Make sure to return your I-94 at the Airline counter. No outbound customs check either - so load as many as Giradeli as possible :O

Not sure what will happen when you land though - with all that mad cow decease thingy in UK.

Hope you went through the exhibits in the International Terminal. If not give few minutes to watch them before you leave.

Cheers

SInGAPORE_AIR

RE: Questions About Security @ SFO (Again) And Bag

Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:31 am

I thought as much.

Why should the US care who's taking what out as long as it's not dangerous like a bomb or something. It's the UK who should be the ones having the problem.

But yes, I'm only taking Ghiradelli.

And, I have not had my Starbucks. I am disillusioned. For shame. Maybe I might get one this evening but that's a v. slim possibility.

I'll check out the international terminal. It looks clean. I'm aiming to be there three hours before checkin next week so that should be Ok.

However, I am not at all enthusiastic about this return flight after my outbound trip with VS - not at all.

FLY777UAL

Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:45 am

Very surprised you haven't gotten your Starbucks yet, as they are on nearly every street corner... Big grin

F L Y 7 7 7 U A L