CV990
Topic Author

It's A Kind Of Magic....

Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:15 pm

Hi!

Do you remember that famous QUEEN music? Well this is a little bit like that. What I want you to write is those moments when you were in an airport and suddenly you saw a very exotic aircraft or an outstanding airline, something that you didn't expect and it came, like magic!!!
I have some episodes on that but I'm going just to write about two of them. One was in the summer of 1980, when I was spotting with a good friend of mine in Heathrow, Car Par Nr. 3. I was having great fun when suddenly we saw landing the one and only Boeing 747-200 from Air Madagascar!!! It was a complete astonishment in all the enthusiasts there, we had some time to chat and everybody said that was the spot of the day.
The second one was here in Fresno when we fire season started, I was comming from downtown when I started to see an airliner that looked like a DC-6, with red tail and a red cheatline, I aproached in the road and got very surprised and at the same time very excited, I looked to the props of the plane and instead of the usual 3 prop ones from the DC-6 I was counting 4 props, it was not a DC-6 but a DC-7B!!! First time in my life and latter that day I saw it flying, beautifull noise, elegant airliner flying, I was glad that day!
Any feedback?
Regards
CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

masseybrown

RE: Aiports Most In Need Of Overhaul

Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:42 am

I remember the first time I saw a Caravelle - a very elegant looking design and quite a departure from everything else. I'm sure Freddy Mercury would have been proud to fly in one.