contrails

Bummer News From Great Plains

Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:58 am

My excitement at being able to fly 1-stop from IAD to TUL has been dashed. GPL has a press release on their website, saying they have leased "additional Fairchild Dornier 328-100 prop jets". In other words, puddle jumpers.

As much as I would enjoy having a 1-stop to TUL and back, if they use a puddle jumper on this route they can find another customer. I'll stick with AA. Changing planes at ORD or DFW may not be a grand experience, but at least I'll be on a jet.

This is really a bummer.
Flying Colors Forever!

flyCMH

RE: Bummer News From Great Plains

Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:25 am

Ummm...

Now you see them:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Andrew Hunt

Now you don't:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © TechRep

They are the EXACT SAME aircraft, just one happens to have the propellers OUTSIDE the engine casing. I don't see how the fact that the exact same aircraft that just happens to have its propellers showing is such an abomination that it means forgoing ANY plans to fly on the airline. I'm sure the experience would be just as pleasant on one of Great Plains' Fairchild Dornier 328-100's as it would be on one of Great Plains' Fairchild Dornier 328-300s.