upsmd11

On-air Accolades For UA

Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:14 am

Today on the Live with Regis and Kelly Show the stars were touting the praises of UA. Apparently Regis and Kelly both fly JFK - LAX often and use UA. Today they actually commented on the service, traffic being up at JFK and their overall pleasure with UA.

I would hope on this premier route that the service is good!

I have heard other stories by Regis about flying US between NYC - SBN on his trips to Notre Dame...

I just thought it was interesting!

Regards,
John

flyua

RE: On-air Accolades For UA

Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:58 am

Dear John,

That's quite nice to hear! While I've long avoided that morning TV show (since Kathi-Lee days!), I wish I could have heard what they had to say. Any positive words about my company and coworkers is music to my ears!

Last month I flew several SFO-JFK runs, and on one flight I enjoyed hearing stories of celebrity passengers from the JFK-based Flight Attendants with whom I worked. The name that drew the most smiles and praise was none other than Regis Philbin! Several of the crew had served him in the past, and all agreed that he was especially friendly and "receptive." ...What goes around comes around, eh?

On a side note, one of my favorite celeb passengers was Wayne Newton. I served him on a flight to Hawaii a few years ago, and he was such a gentleman. Many of the more "seasoned" ladies on the crew just about swooned when they saw him, and constantly pestered him for autographs and photos during the flight. Each time, Mr. Las Vegas would get out of his seat, smile for the camera, and give the giggly Flight Attendant a big kiss on the cheek with a gravelly "You're the best, babe!" ...I just wish I hadn't overcooked his chicken!

upsmd11

RE: On-air Accolades For UA

Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:42 am

I have a friend who works for UA at SDF. He always looks for celeb's on the JFK to LAX runs. He has seen Janet Jackson and others. They must like UA as they "do" have a choice to fly AA if they want.

John