mish1234

Adding Pictures To Airliners.net

Sun Dec 26, 1999 6:05 am

Hey all

I added about 30 pictures like 2 weeks ago.
None of them were added..
THey are 100% fine!
The pictures are the right size... better quality of some other pictures ive seen added on the site and they are hard to get pictures!..
now wtf is going on here!
Im gonna scan them agian in a better resoultion and see if they dont add them agian.. than ill just post them at Flightsim.com
Does anyone agree with me that they are extremly picky with some people about the quailty or whatever about the pics.. Im an excellent photoagrapher.. but i have a pretty cheap camera nothing fancy but its the advanced film system!

Dazed767

RE: Adding Pictures To Airliners.net

Sun Dec 26, 1999 7:16 am

I was frustrated too when I first started uploading pics on here. I know now how to make them good, and get excepted the first time now. I scan mine at a high DPI. 500x500. Then after I do that, I make it the size they want, and sharpen the pics. Now just about everytime I upload, they get taken without any problem. Good Luck.

AC_A340

Sun Dec 26, 1999 12:22 pm

Mine are never added. They look great. I even had a couple professionaly done. I've given up.

Glenn

Sun Dec 26, 1999 12:27 pm

I too had a lot of trouble getting approved. But once I started sharpening the images through photoshop, I have only had one or 2 problems and have had about 4440 accepted now.

that should have read 440

regards

Glenn Alderton

Sun Dec 26, 1999 1:10 pm

Justa stab in the dark here, but Johan the Admin. is on vacation until mid January. Perhaps this is the reason no pics are being added.

flyf15

Sun Dec 26, 1999 1:24 pm

Agreed. His standards have gone past the capabilities of my scanner and software. Although my scanner is not as up to date as most to day, it was $1000 when new. I, and most here, are here to look at pics, not to go over them and raise hell when something is a little fuzzy, grainy, or slightly lower than the absolute best in quality.

I Think.......

Sun Dec 26, 1999 2:19 pm

I can get my picture on trouble once I learnt about the sharping feature. TO be honest I would not be surprised if Johan is running out of room and limits it because he could be uploading 1000's of pictures a day rather then 100. I like the challenge of getting my pictures on here!
Iain

administrator

Sun Dec 26, 1999 9:19 pm

Guys,

There is a forum especially for photographers and questions related to the photography side of airliners.net. Please use that forum in the future and do not use this one (general aviation). Thank you.

The upload and confirmation systems can be improved and I will try to do that as soon as I get back from my vacation in Asia (mid January). But please belive me when I say that I do my very best to be as fair as possible to everyone and rate all photos by the same scale. I can not take into consideration what kind of scanner or editing software people are using nor what their photos look like on paper, that is simply not relevant. I see the finished result and that's what I rate. Nothing else.

If you are having problems getting your photos accepted, as a first step, be sure that you have read and understood the upload-FAQ at
http://www.airliners.net/faq/

Secondly, try to get other photographers´advice and opinions on how you photos can be improved. Either by posting in the photography discussion or by asking other photographers on Airliners.net by e-mail.

Regards,
Johan
Working on the site from morning 'till night that's livin' alright (1997-2007)

flyf15

Mon Dec 27, 1999 8:47 am

Hi Johan. I wasn't trying to say that my photos should be added because I don't have the best scanner... I was saying that your rules are obviously to strict if they have gone beyond what some scanners/systems can do. Thanks for your time, Chris.

dee-see-eit

Tue Jan 04, 2000 7:15 am

Hi to all (if still there):

Johan, dont believe what these guys are telling. I already said almost the same in a similar topic here today:

- My camera is about 10 years old!
- My lenses are average
- I use Fuji Velvia 50ASA or Sensia 100 ASA, or equivalent
- I have them developed in the lab at the corner
- I bought an Epson Photo 1200-scanner three weeks ago (250,-US$)
- I have uploaded in this time 200+ photos and all were accepted

I love this site and hope the quality will improve after seeing lots of pics I still can't understand why they had been uploaded (even military a/c).

I agree that it has to be a challenge to be accepted.

Imagine a site were EVERYTHING will be accepted!? Pls try always to improve and dont be mediocre (is this the right word?).

Marlo Plate from BCN

mirage

RE: Dee-see-eit

Tue Jan 04, 2000 7:25 am

I think this is an american "saying" but it's exactly what I think.
Marlo you hit the needle on the head (I hope I'm not wrong), that's the point, imagine if this site would accept EVERYTHING!!!, I'm glad to see it's not the case and that's what makes airliners.net the BEST aviation photos database.
Sometimes I have photos rejected but so what? life goes on...

Luis, Faro, Portugal

Matt D

Administrator

Tue Jan 04, 2000 7:32 am

I bought a scanner, and decided to scan what I think is a gorgeous shot of the WestPac Simpsons plane. It is perfectly sun lit, no shadow at all (it was taken in the AM), it has a nice clean background, and when I display it on my screen, it looks great. Anyway, I sent the one picture just to see if it would be accepted. Judging from feedback from the users here, what the Admin himself has said, and the fact that I haven't heard back, I'm going to guess that Johan decided not to use it. Too bad, his loss.....I'm glad I didn't sit down and attempt to send 2 or 3 dozen of my finest to show the world.
Not to be boastful, but I have yet to show someone my pictures and NOT have them get excited about them....

dee-see-eit

RE: Administrator

Tue Jan 04, 2000 7:37 am

OK, lets do one thing to see if Johan hates certain persons out there:

Send me your pics and I will upload them with my name, and lets see what happens.

Danny

Dee-see-eit

Tue Jan 04, 2000 5:22 pm

Hola hermano!
You just forgot one thing...what's your e-mail address?

Mirage - it's not that we want ANY pics to be posted here. But say, a pic where you can see what kind of aircraft it is, but maybe just a LITTLE blurry... So? You can still see what's on the pic, right? That's what we want.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos