UTA_flyinghigh
Topic Author

Different Countries, Different Prices

Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:01 pm

I am trying to book a flight with AF from DUB to LYS via CDG, I found the flights I would like to get on...and that's where the fun begins.
I am getting a different price whether I book through www.airfrance.ie, at the call centre in the UK and at DUB airport. I called up the SkyTeam Elite reservation centre in France and was quoted yet another price. In the meantime, my parents went to the AF sales office in their country and were quoted yet another price; all this for the exact same sectors.
How can that be ? I compared basic fare excluding local taxes.
Will
PS : no plug in that one, but don't tempt me.
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

IBERIA747

RE: Different Countries, Different Prices

Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:31 pm

Sometimes fares offered by the same airline for a given route may differ depending on where are you purchasing the ticket.
I am going to Quito, Ecuador next week and I will fly Iberia. I purchased my ticket through their website and the fare was 608.27 Euro. But this is the only way to get this low fare. If you called by phone to Iberia reservations 902 400 500 (inside Spain) the lowest fare was 860 Euro, and if you go directly to a reservationas office or travel agent, the fare is raised to about 950 Euro.
Many airlines are getting very good results selling through the net, so they try to keep up people´s interest by offering great deals there.
Besides, in my case it has been much easier to purchase the ticket at www.iberia.com and have it delivered at my home in less than 24 hours than to go to a reservations office or to a travel agency...electronic ticket is not available in certain Iberia´s routes.

¡¡VIVA ESPAÑA!!

DoorsToManual

RE: Different Countries, Different Prices

Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:38 pm

I agree, and in fact this is exactly what I found when booking my Iberia flight to Argentina - the website yielded a terrific fare of 444 euros for a return flight, which was simply non-existent outside of the Iberia website - certainly not through their call-centre.

My advice would be to check out the internet first, including the AF website.

rgds