Pe@rson
Topic Author

Air Sahara's "if We Delay, We Pay" Policy.

Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:19 am

Air Sahara offers a "if we delay, we pay" policy on all non-stop flights between DEL, BOM, BLR and CCU. Simply put, it will pay Rs 1500 cash or Rs 3000 ticket credit (for S2) if there are any controllable delays, such as maintainence problems or crew problems, etc. It will not, however, offer compensation if the delay is caused by something beyond its control. Fair enough. In reality, it won't be paying out that much, but it is nevertheless a nice touch - especially if getting the cash or credit is simple and quick.

The full details are here:

http://www.airsahara.net/airsahara/delay.jsp

Which other airlines offer such a policy and are they, in your opinion, a hassle or a blessing?
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Pe@rson
Topic Author

RE: Air Sahara's "if We Delay, We Pay" Policy.

Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:27 pm

Does the lack of replies suggest that S2 is unique in offering this?
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

TKMCE

Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:39 pm

Guess it is fairly new. If it was there when I was flying them regulary on the MAA DEL route, I would have been a very rich man!

My best on trime performance was 90 min late! And arriving at midnight in DEL is no joke!

Cheers

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:47 pm

Big grin

It was introduced in Feb. 2002 and it's only for controllable delays 55 minutes or more.

"And arriving at midnight in DEL is no joke!"

Yep, that's why my I decided to go for SU which arrived at 7am and I could then take the airport bus to the main railway station and Paharganj.

FrequentFlyKid

Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:58 pm

Seems like this is potentially dangerous. It could lead to a culture of rushing through maintenance, etc. that could lead to disastrous consequences. Reminds me of when Domino's Pizza in the US offered free pizza if your order wasn't delivered in thirty minutes. If anyone remembers this lead to a series of high profile car accidents in which several people were killed. The cause was determined to be excessive speed of the pizza delivery drivers because they were trying to get their pizzas to the customers within the thirty minutes.

jr

Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:33 am

I was out at BLR earlier this earier trying to get some shots over a 3 day period. The Air Sahara flights were NEVER on time. The closest they came was about 45 mins behind schedule.

Didn't ModiLuft have the same kind of guarantee on delays at one point? And boy were they a big joke. I flew EastWest a few times as well, and so far Jet Airways has been the only private carrier in India that has gotten me ontime anywhere in my limited flying in India.
I've flown on 9V-SPK.