MAH4546
Topic Author

AA: Dallas-Cozumel 31 November

Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:17 pm

American Airlines will launch daily Dallas-Cozumel service on 31 December. It will operate with a 737-800. If a hit, look for Miami-Cozumel service to follow it. Great to see AA expand even more.
a.

fly727

RE: AA: Dallas-Cozumel 31 November

Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:30 am

Will it be Nov. or Dec. ???

This will be the third time AA starts flying to CZM. Let's see how it does. AA stopped flying to CZM after 9/11. Now they are taking advantage of a more solid financial structure and of the fact that MX quit flying internationally out of CZM (except to HAV with partner Aerocaribe). I was told that that service is a joint venture between AA and the Local Hotels committee that was first offered to Mexicana. I dunno for sure.

Good luck for them AAnyways !!

RM
There are no stupid questions... just stupid people!

FLIBOYZ

RE: AA: Dallas-Cozumel 31 November

Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:37 am

Typical of AA to start, re-start a particular route. There practice over the many many many years have been to start a particular route and when they have the slightest hint that it is not doing well or even a little good they cut the route. Of course certain economic situations come into effect, i.e. 9/11 but otherwise normal practice for AA is to start something new and shut it down once they figure it's not going to do good. Sometimes only for a few months. Typical of AA. And they complain of getting customer loyalty like this. GO figure huh