EZYAirbus
Topic Author

EZY Airbus At LTN

Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:25 am

I live roughly 15mins away from London Luton Airport and see easyJet 737's every day, I was wondering I will ever see the new easyJet Airbus' at Luton in the coming months

Glenn
http://www.glenneldridgeaviation.com

cedarjet

RE: EZY Airbus At LTN

Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:32 am

Possibly not - the initial deliveries are to easyJet Switzerland, and while the A319s will appear in the UK, it will be as inbound flights from Switzerland. I don't know where easy fly to in the UK from Switzerland, but I think Gatwick and Stansted are more likely. If Luton is served from Geneva then you'll see A319s. If Geneva is served from the Luton base instead (if you understand the distinction I'm trying to make) then the answer is no, not yet.

I don't know when easyJet - the UK airline - will receive A319s, a couple of years maybe? It's a long delivery schedule, if memory serves.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

EZYAirbus
Topic Author

Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:37 am

Thanks Cedarjet, there are roughly 3 maybe 4 inbound flights from Geneva each day into Luton using the Swiss 737's

Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:38 am

Hey,
Cities which will get the topswiss airbuses are:

London Gatwick (4), London Luton (4), Paris Orly (4), Nice (2), Barcelona (2), East Midlands (1), Amsterdam (2).

In brackets the number of daily flights operated by easyJet Switzerland during the winter schedule. Check easyjet.com for details. All flights operated by numbers from 900-999 will be operated using airbuses.

Cheers,
Tim

EZYAirbus
Topic Author

Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:40 am

Thanks Tim

looks like i'm gonna get to see one Big grin

Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:42 am

Also like to add,

that Liverpool-Geneva flights are operated by easyJet UK. Don't know when or if they will get the airbus, after Geneva, London Gatwick will receive the next 'buses.

All of the "topswiss" boeings have now gone back to the mainline fleet and flights are being operated using UK registered planes.

Tim

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos