Derico
Topic Author

MIA's

Tue Dec 28, 1999 1:35 am

OK, I might be a little out of touch here. I read somewhere in the Forum about the renovations MIA is having. I did now they were happening. But, last time I checked on Miami fiscal condition, they had just come from the brink of bankrupcy. Where the hell are they getting 5.2 billion dollars from? The county? It can't possibly be the city, they can't build a new school down there.
Also, when is the new runway supposed to open? It doesn't say anything about that in their website.
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

doug

RE: MIA's

Tue Dec 28, 1999 4:37 am

the airport funds are generated by bonds and airport fee's no tax or public money is being used to fund this.the runway will open in 2001 they just finished all of the prelimanary work and awarded the bid to a contractor.the mia web site should be updated after y2k they have been updating it modeartely but expect the bulk of new info after y2k if you want info on the american airlines terminal go to http://www.corgan.com/

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos