shinton

AA DFW-EGE (Vail)

Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:12 am

AA flew DFW-EGE this past summer for approximately 2-1/2 months as an experiment which was subsidized by Eagle County. Was the experiment a success? I have heard rumors that AA will do DFW-EGE & ORD-EGE the summer of 2004.

jcs17

RE: AA DFW-EGE (Vail)

Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:05 am

Yes, DFW-EGE was very successful. High loads, and good yields. It was virtually impossible to get a seat Thu.-Sun.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

tommy767

Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:50 am

I wonder how the seasonal AA EGE routes do: like from Miami, Newark, and LaGuardia? I presume they do pretty good.
"KEEP CLIMBING" -- DELTA

MAH4546

Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:23 pm

I wonder how the seasonal AA EGE routes do: like from Miami, Newark, and LaGuardia? I presume they do pretty good.

I'm not sure about Newark, but Miami and LaGuardia's Vail flights rarely go out with an empty seat.
a.

sptv

Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:49 pm

last winter we flew on AA LAX-EGE-LAX and had a great time in the Vail Valley. This year apparently AA is not providing service on that route, and we've changed our vacation plans since there's now no nonstop service.

tekelberry

Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:27 pm

This year apparently AA is not providing service on that route, and we've changed our vacation plans since there's now no nonstop service.

EGE is a seasonal route for AA. It may be that your travel dates are outside of AA's seasonal dates of operation for EGE.

MAH4546

Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:48 pm

EGE is a seasonal route for AA. It may be that your travel dates are outside of AA's seasonal dates of operation for EGE.

No, as of yet AA is not offering LAX-EGE, nor SFO-EGE, for sale. However, for some reason, American has always added the California-Vail routes into the schedules very late. As late as October. Last year was the first year for LAX-EGE, however, IIRC.
a.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos