avion

Who Is Next To Join Qualiflyer?

Tue Dec 28, 1999 10:13 pm

Do you know which airlines are next to join the qualiflyer group? I have heard of South African, China Airlines and Lot Polish?

Any response would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I Doubt It Will Be SAA

Wed Dec 29, 1999 12:27 am

I doubt that South African will be next to join the Qualiflyer group as Swissair / Sabena / Austrian have just left the Delta Worldwide Partners alliance because their route system is too similar to Air France, (Delta's new partner) and South African have just joined with Delta and Air France - so it is highly unlikely that South African will join it.

DLMD-11

cricri

RE: Who Is Next To Join Qualiflyer?

Wed Dec 29, 1999 12:54 am

Lot is under negociation with qualiflyer at the moment but nothing new for the moment.

RE: Who Is Next To Join Qualiflyer?

Wed Dec 29, 1999 1:40 am

Hi all.
I doubt that China Airlines will join Qualiflyer as KL and NW are rumoured to be talking to the Taiwanese authorities about purchasing a stake in the airline.
LOT will join as SR's parent company just bought a large stake in that carrier to fill the gap left by OS.

Doesn't SR Own Some Of SAA

Wed Dec 29, 1999 10:00 am

I remember recently that Swissair purchased a 20% stake in SAA of the South African Government, surely this would indicate that SAA would join Qualifyer. I do not see why SAA would want to partner with Delta Airlines. The destinations that SAA serve in the US are Miami and New York JFK. Not Atlanta!. Wouldn't South Africa Airways prefer a German speaking carrier like Swissair, considering the close association between the two, although this could be said about the British as well, or though there is no currently availble british airline to allign with. Why would they possibly want to allign with a French carrier, except perhaps to hub through Charles De Gualle Airport.

Aside from Alliances, does anyone know whether South African Airlines serves South African food on their planes, is there such thing as South African cuisine? I have never heard of such

Delta Air Lines & SAA Are Already Together.

Wed Dec 29, 1999 10:43 am

Delta & South African are already in cooperation & codeshare with each other, and SAA's flights to Miami have been cancelled after about April 1st and rerouted to Atlanta, so as to aid their connections with Delta. Also, Delta is the biggest airline at JFK also so they already help SAA.

SAA recognize Atlanta as the most important hub destination in the world as it has such a huge radiating network available via Delta Air Lines.

DLMD-11.

avion

RE: Delta Air Lines & SAA Are Already Together.

Wed Dec 29, 1999 6:29 pm

Saa is also codesharing with SR.