Leezyjet
Topic Author

I Love My Job When I See Pics Like This..

Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:36 am

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Ben Pritchard

I love seeing pictures like this. It makes me feel proud to be employed in the airline industry (although the pay could be better  Big grin ) and that I play a small part in making things like this possible and helping to make peoples dreams come true in a small way.

For me, pictures like this epitomize for me what air travel is all about.

Great shot in my opinion, the way the sun reflects off the a/c, and the way the a/c is silhouetted against the sun, also the way you can see the runway lights too. Congratulations to the photographer, Ben Pritchard.  Big thumbs up

Please feel free to post any pics that make you proud to be in the airline industry, or have aviation as a hobby.

Smile
"She Rolls, 45 knots, 90, 135, nose comes up to 20 degrees, she's airborne - She flies, Concorde Flies"

American 767

RE: I Love My Job When I See Pics Like This..

Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:01 am

Well I'm not employed myself in the airline industry but I sure like it as a hobby regardless of how the economy ends up being, even if the major airlines are in their worst shape like they have been in the last two years I still keep the airline industry as a passion. I enjoy flying, hanging around major airports, spotting, looking at models, collecting models, talking, and going to all kinds of airline memorabilia shows. I can see the same airplanes every day, I'll never get tired of them, never.

American Airlines is my loved one, I fly them a lot.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Joe Statz

Have a nice flight wherever you may go  Smile .

Ben Soriano
Brussels Belgium

Ben Soriano

Ant72LBA

Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:09 am

First time I've included a photo so fingers crossed it works!

View Large View Medium

Photo © Steven Grace

I chanced on seeing this beauty one Saturday morning whilst peering out of my bedrrom window to see 1.) what the weather was like and 2.) if there was anything in the sky. It appeared over the roof of the house opposite, gear up, then banked away to starboard. I just love those overwing engines and it's just about the rarest type we get into LBA. I'm led to understand it had been transporting race horses.

Leezyjet
Topic Author

Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:53 am

Ant72LBA,

A fellow LBAer. Hello to you. I used to work at LBA from 1993-1995 and in 1997 for Serivsair.

Smile
"She Rolls, 45 knots, 90, 135, nose comes up to 20 degrees, she's airborne - She flies, Concorde Flies"