Favorite Foreign Livery

Wed Dec 30, 1998 10:32 am

Who has the best livery among foreign airlines?
(Foreign to the US I mean)
I think its "Canadian Airlines international" Their use of color is good but not overly dark like "UAL".

CX747

RE: Favorite Foreign Livery

Wed Dec 30, 1998 10:38 am

I have to aggree with you on that one. Canadian's are very nice. My personal favorites are Cathay Pacific's, BA's old livery, and Virgin Atlantic's. I must say though that Canadians is a great color scheme. Very tasteful but not as dark as Uniteds. I love seeing pictures of Canadians 747-400s on finals to Kai Tak and soon Chek Lap Kok.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower

United777

Wed Dec 30, 1998 10:42 am

I like Saudi Arabian Airlines (new color), Asiana Airlines, Korean Air and Malasyia Airlines and the old British Airways livery.

Farhan Ali. Newport Beach, California

airplanekid

Wed Dec 30, 1998 11:41 am

British Airways New Colors. Like you said, Canadian's are very nice too.

Wed Dec 30, 1998 1:10 pm

I like of course LOT cs on Boieng 767s and Asiana on Boeing 747.

Rafal

Wed Dec 30, 1998 2:13 pm

I do like the Canadian Airlines colorscheme, also British Airways old scheme, Cathay Pacific's new scheme, Finnair's old and new scheme, Saudi's new scheme, and especially ANA's scheme, especially the one with Pokemon covering the aircraft, on a 747-400 and 767-300, travels mostly on domestic routes.

Kai

BryanG

Wed Dec 30, 1998 2:27 pm

I like Air Canada and Royal Jordanian.

Wed Dec 30, 1998 3:16 pm

I think Virgin Atlantic has the best Livery.

I would also like to mention there is no such thing as an OLD livery the livery they use now is the livery we are comparing.
Iain

alan

Wed Dec 30, 1998 9:00 pm

Virgin/Saudi Arabian/Royal Brunei.

gnarly

Thu Dec 31, 1998 1:08 am

airplanekid wrote:
-------------------------------
British Airways New Colors. Like you said, Canadian's are very nice too.

So what exactly is BA's new livery? I thought it was a series of unconnected
messes. It also causes havoc with Air Traffic Control. Controllers (in London)
say that it is now very difficult to direct other airlines around the airport:
When they ask them to queue up behind the BA757 etc., the other airlines don't know what they're looking for. As one controller said, "We don't mind what kind of spolodge they use, as long as it's the same splodge!"

btw...the old scheme was much nicer.

Gnarly

Thu Dec 31, 1998 3:23 am

Where did you hear that about not knowing which plane. I have never heard on the radio taxi behind the BA or whatever 757. They normally say taxi Charlie and hold short of kilo nit follow the 172. We do get warned of other planes the might be infront of you or whateverr. And I would not say the BA livery is that hard to tell what it is as the only difference is the tail. Also at LHR so many airlines it would hard to now what they all look like.

I think in the UK and europe the attitude is very difference towards the BA livery it is liked over there and that really what counts.
Iain

Thu Dec 31, 1998 5:14 am

I think it is Air Pacific, they have a cool c/s

I think BA has gone overboard though , they have one of the ugliest c/s

CX747

Iainhol.

Thu Dec 31, 1998 5:36 am

I have heard the same thing as gnarly saind Iainhol. That is because their are so many BA757s at Heathrow along with their other aircraft.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower

gnarly

RE: Iainhol.

Fri Jan 01, 1999 12:22 am

CX747 wrote:
-------------------------------
I have heard the same thing as gnarly saind Iainhol. That is because their are so many BA757s at Heathrow along with their other aircraft.

Thanks CX747. I was only using the 757 as an example, but I can confirm that airacraft are sometimes given instructions that relate to the other "named" aircraft. My comments about the types of splodge relate to an article in a British newspaper, but I can also point you towards URLs of online versions of the story including some on the BBC site.

Anyway. Bottom line: New colours are rubbish.
I'll go with Canadian and Jordanian for the best.
The worst interior I've seen was on an Aerolloyd charter. Orange and Lime!