IflyORL
Topic Author

Something To Think About

Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:56 pm

Alright guys here's one to think about. If you were to start a brand new airline what would be the ideal hub city, that is not already a hub of an existing airline???

MSYtristar

RE: Something To Think About

Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:12 pm

Well, if MCI had a more flyer-friendly airport, I would base an airline there in a heartbeat. Good geographical location and a large population base. Nonstops to key leisure and business markets with 737's. It'd be nice to serve all the former Vanguard cities, espcially the one's that no longer see nonstops to MCI....namely FLL, MSY, and AUS. Of course, throw in some CRJ's for some lesser-travelled routes. And don't forget the most important thing: marketing! Make the people of MCI know what's being offered...tv, radio, print, billboards, you name it.

Steve in MSY (great spot for a Central American and Southeast/Southwest hub in the future)

futureualpilot

Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:20 pm

I went to RDU recently and did not notice one airline that had a particularly large presence there, so I would shoot for RDU, and begin by serving the east coast, and as I made money and expanded, I'd move west
Life is better when you surf.

IMissPiedmont

Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:06 pm

Such as American and Midway Mk.II tried Futureualpilot?
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

Cessna172RG

Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:10 pm

Good topic...let me think...

I would say Portland KPDX, but there's not a high market for a highly concentrated hub network in that city. Moving on...

Orlando wouldn't be much of a hub, everyone wants to go to Orlando, but who wants to fly on a lot of nonstops out of there on a daily basis? Orlando is served quite well the way it is.

Tampa? Southwest is stealing Tampa.

How about Milwaukee? I know that Northwest is starting to seep into the markets there, but how about it? Good location? Large city? Surely, it should be a lot better than Memphis, for god sakes.
Save the whales...for dinner!!!

uadc8contrail

Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:19 pm

MCI,,,,,extract as much as u could from the airport on FEEs they are chomping at the bit for a MAJOR/LCO to jump in and save them from the depths of $%^ i mean STLl, after what AA did to leonard griggs and his band of airport cowboys, any airport would be grateful for a carrier to hub there...cheers, mayor daly
bus driver.......move that bus:)