Tom in NO
Topic Author

ZRH Zurich Airport Gate Numbering

Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:40 pm

I was glancing at the following pictures today, and something caught my eye.....and, the airport management-type that I am, I got curious:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Aeroview Zurich/Worldwide
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Martin Oertle

If you look closely at these two pictures, noticing the terminal gate numbers in them. They go from like A08 to A10 to A50, etc, etc. Hence my question:

Can any of the ZRH folks either explain the gate numbering system, or list out the gate numbers from the beginning of each concourse to the end?

Just curious.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

ZRH

RE: ZRH Zurich Airport Gate Numbering

Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:29 am

I only know that at the A- and E-gates you can park different numbers of aircrafts depending on their size. At A 48 and 46 (for example) they can park two wide-bodies or three narrow-bodies at the gates A 46-04-48. I think that is why the gates are different numbered. You could say the A 4X are the main gates where you can park any aircraft of any size. But when they use the A 0X gates in between they only can park narrow bodies. I know it is a little bit difficult but I hope you understood it. I am not 100 % sure but almost. Perhaps the a.net member "Unique" could tell more because he works for the airport authority.
BTW the gate numbers from the inside, for the passengers, are differently numbered.

Kind Regards
Philipp

Tom in NO
Topic Author

Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:58 pm

Thanks for the thoughts, Philipp. I e-mailed unique last evening with my question.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

Tom in NO
Topic Author

Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:09 am

I heard from unique this morning via email. He confirmed what ZRH said. I was curious about it since it differs from what I'm used to here in the US.

Tom at MSY