Pe@rson
Topic Author

What's KLM's Service Like?

Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:39 pm

I might be flying LCY-AMS-SIN-AMS-LCY in the next few months. The LCY-AMS-LCY sectors will be aboard the F50. The AMS-SIN-AMS will be aboard the 747 combi. What can I expect from the AMS-SIN-AMS service? I have flown aboard KL once before (a 763 routing LHR-AMS) which was fine, and I have thus far been to AMS three times.

[Edited 2003-10-01 12:40:35]
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

DoorsToManual

RE: What's KLM's Service Like?

Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:50 pm

Hi

Flew them to NBO a few years ago - a bit behind other airlines in terms of IFE, but I found the service was fine.

You may want to check the Trip Reports forum - there is a new trip report from an a.net member that recently flew DXB-AMS-IAH on KLM.

rgds

sevenair

Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:59 pm

In the air-wonderful-most kind crew
On the ground-awful, sullen miserable staff in AMS, unhelpful. KL do not give enough time between connections for AMS

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:30 pm

Thanks for your replies.

I currently have two departure options from LCY. One will allow about 6 hours to connect in AMS; the other will allow about 2.45 hours.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

GSPSPOT

Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:46 pm

I've flown KL twice transAtlantic. Older aircraft, but fine inflight service...
Finally made it to an airline mecca!

Going64

Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:26 pm

@Pearson: Take the 6 hours and enjoy the beautiful (one-terminal-principle) airport with it's famout observation deck and big windows where you can see all the planes.

Thank you for flying KLM.... wow I probably heard that too much I guess  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Peter

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:28 pm

LOL Going64. I won't be flying KLM now, because its cheap deal has now gone and I missed it.  Sad Ah well. Besides, I've been to AMS three times already for aviation reasons and loved it each time. I would have gone for the one which allowed me 6 hours.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos