planenutz

The Latest On Taesa?

Fri Dec 31, 1999 5:56 am

Has anybody heard of when, or if, the Mexican airline TAESA will begin flying again?

For those not in the know, TAESA was grounded this past Nov. for gross safety violations after the crash of one of its DC-9s near MEX. I understand that "gross safety violations" is probably an understatement, as stories have emerged in the press about seats with no seatbelts, doors that dont close, and flight attendants having to sit in the lavatories during take off and landing because flights were so oversold.
Not all who wander are lost....

LatinPlane

RE: The Latest On Taesa?

Sat Jan 01, 2000 8:44 am

I've heard it all,

I cant belive that they would go that low. Well, since you already know my opinion on them, I am sure that you can tell that I don't like them.

Anyway, I heard on the t.v. news that if they are able to raise $150 million to secure that they will be able to pay for maintenance for the aircraft, they will be able to resume service on Jan 15. The report also said that at the time of the accident the airline had 30 million in it's coffers & that it was expected to loose around 10-13 million while it was shut down. That leaves it with hardly any cash in hand.

I don't know wether they can actually raise that sum. Because, if they don't they're out of business for good.

Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos