1world
Topic Author

TAP In YYZ Leaving Oct 7/03

Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:02 am

I was just on the www.gtaa.com site and under departures it shows a TAP flight leaving this evenning at 2100 but its non ops.
I was just wondering if anyone knew why its in town and when did it arrive. I'm guessing its doing some sort of maintenance work or maybe they are picking up a leased airplane.

Any info is apreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Oneworld
YYZ spotter

captaingomes

RE: TAP In YYZ Leaving Oct 7/03

Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:20 am

Interesting! I tried flytecomm and flightarrivals and neither of them show the flight in the database. I wonder if it's here already, and why? I can't miss TAP at YYZ!
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

captaingomes

Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:36 am

Aircraft is a L1011-500. My guess is that this is a recently retired L1011-500 going back to LIS.
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

1world
Topic Author

Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:57 am

Captaingomes,

I will definitely be out their for the departure. Do you know which runways are being used today or which one will be used for this departure?

I thought TAP got rid of all their L1011s. If it is a L1011, what would it be doing in YYZ, getting spare parts from TS?
YYZ spotter

slawko

Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:11 am

oneworld, if you noticed the flight is showing Non-Ops....
"Clive Beddoe says he favours competition, but his actions do not support that idea." Robert Milton - CEO Air Canada

captaingomes

Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:52 am

My guess is that TAP took it back for YES to use, or maybe they have other leasing arrangements. I'm 99% sure it's just a TS aircraft with a TAP flight #.

1world
Topic Author

Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:17 am

What exactly does "non ops" mean as Air Canada also has a non ops flight leaving just before this TAP flight.
YYZ spotter

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos