Cessna172RG
Topic Author

Holiday Gifts On Flights?

Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:19 pm

One of my Japanese students flew on a Horizon Air flight from YVR-SEA on New Years and they gave out chocolate cookie cigars that were cellophane wrapped. So, I was wondering...have any of you experienced a flight during a holiday where the flight crew passed out some sort of gift? A candy? A souvenier? Anything special and unique from their regular service?
Save the whales...for dinner!!!

myk

RE: Holiday Gifts On Flights?

Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:25 pm

With LH on the eve of new year. They gave us a sweet Stolen (Like a Cake) and i travelled also with AH on a muslim holiday, they gave us dates. (the fruit)

In business or first, you get a lot of thing also : card games, even flowers etc...

MAS777

Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:46 pm

During Ramadan, Malaysia Airlines has a 'sweet' snack service if it happens to be time to break the fast.

Last year, on a domestic flight from Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu, following the usual meal service (which went on as normal as there were a lot of non-Muslim passengers), the official breaking of fast time arrived shortly before landing and the crew came through the cabin with drinks and smart little gold boxes and inside was a slice of cake - with a little card wishing everyone a happy Ramadan with compliment of the airline.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jay Piboontum

Kempa

Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:04 pm

Fourth of July, 2003, I flew on WN BWI-BUF. I got a 4th of July sticker.

Once, many years ago, I flew on LY FCO-TLV on Israel's Independence Day. Champagne was served especially for the occasion.

OS-A330

Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:04 am

The biggest surprise I ever had was when flying on Austrian from Brussels to Vienna a few days before Christmas:
A huge christmas tree shaped box of Belgian pralines was presented to EVERY passenger. Those chocolates were delicious........
I am still wondering, if this was a promotion by Brussels Airport or only be Austrian.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos