Cessna172RG
Topic Author

Holiday Gifts On Flights?

Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:19 pm

One of my Japanese students flew on a Horizon Air flight from YVR-SEA on New Years and they gave out chocolate cookie cigars that were cellophane wrapped. So, I was wondering...have any of you experienced a flight during a holiday where the flight crew passed out some sort of gift? A candy? A souvenier? Anything special and unique from their regular service?
Save the whales...for dinner!!!

myk

RE: Holiday Gifts On Flights?

Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:25 pm

With LH on the eve of new year. They gave us a sweet Stolen (Like a Cake) and i travelled also with AH on a muslim holiday, they gave us dates. (the fruit)

In business or first, you get a lot of thing also : card games, even flowers etc...

MAS777

Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:46 pm

During Ramadan, Malaysia Airlines has a 'sweet' snack service if it happens to be time to break the fast.

Last year, on a domestic flight from Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu, following the usual meal service (which went on as normal as there were a lot of non-Muslim passengers), the official breaking of fast time arrived shortly before landing and the crew came through the cabin with drinks and smart little gold boxes and inside was a slice of cake - with a little card wishing everyone a happy Ramadan with compliment of the airline.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jay Piboontum

Kempa

Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:04 pm

Fourth of July, 2003, I flew on WN BWI-BUF. I got a 4th of July sticker.

Once, many years ago, I flew on LY FCO-TLV on Israel's Independence Day. Champagne was served especially for the occasion.

OS-A330

Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:04 am

The biggest surprise I ever had was when flying on Austrian from Brussels to Vienna a few days before Christmas:
A huge christmas tree shaped box of Belgian pralines was presented to EVERY passenger. Those chocolates were delicious........
I am still wondering, if this was a promotion by Brussels Airport or only be Austrian.