EGBB
Topic Author

Shannon Article

Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:12 pm

My first in a series of feature articles on Irish airports is out today (Aircraft Illustrated magazine) the first being 'Shannon' and I would be very interested in some feedback from readers good or bad so I can get some idea of what you find interesting when reading articles on airports/ airlines etc so I know what areas to concentrate on for future projects

Many thanks

Derek

kaitak

RE: Shannon Article

Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:40 pm

Well done, EGG, a very good article. You did a superb job to present the history of the airport and while I understand you had to take the airport's view, I'd have been more critical about SNN's gateway policy - but that's just a Dubliner talking!

The one question I had was this:looking at your photo of the viewing deck, there appears to be obstructions outside the window, which prevent an unobstructed view of the apron and aircraft? Is it possible to get good, unobstructed shots of any aircraft from here?

Thanks - and well done!

EGBB
Topic Author

RE: Shannon Article

Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:29 am

Kaitak

Many thanks indeed for your kind words and I am very please you enjoyed reading the article.

In answer to your question with regard to the viewing deck windows yes the lower part I would say (3 foot) has horizontal wires all across and does make it very awkward for photography with but if you 'were' to stand on the large window sills you 'would' clear them  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

I visited the viewing area on 4 occasions this year and not once did I see anyone else visit which is a shame as it is an excellent facility they have

Derek