speedbird092

Boeing & Pratt & Whitney In Toronto Area

Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:07 pm

Hey all!

For all you from around Toronto, you all prolly know about the Boeing plant on Airport Road and the Pratt & Whitney Plant on the other side of the airport in Mississauga.

I'm wondering what exactly these two plants are responsible for in terms of what they manufacture. I looked on the websites and they don't have information like that specific to location.

I'd appreciate ne info i can get... thanx in advance!
Speedbird092

captaingomes

RE: Boeing & Pratt & Whitney In Toronto Area

Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:15 pm

Speedbird092, I don't know exact answers, but I do know that the Boeing plant manufactures wings for the 717, which as I'm sure you know, doesn't sell well. They used to make wings for the McDonnel Douglas aircraft, including the MD80's, MD-11's and DC-10's that I know of. I'm sure the wings for other aircraft lines were built there too.

I don't know about the Pratt & Whitney site, other than that they do have test facilities there. So I am not sure if they not only manufacture engines there (my best guess would be the PT6 engine) but I would also imagine a lot of research and development occurs there too.

Hopefully somebody else with greater knowlege will fill in the blanks.
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos