Just found an interesting article on www.airlinequality.com about SIA's 345..A summary:
345 will be introduced february 2004 on the SIN
route and this will be actually the longest offered non-stop commercial service in the world(SIN
will take 16 hours and LAX
will take 18.5 hours)
-In July 2004 SIN
-NYC the next route operated by SQ
345, will begin.
-Especially to ensure comfort and service on this flight, the 345 will feature just 181 seats, in a two class configuration(raffles class and the new executive economy class)
-About the new Executive Economy Class:
1. a 2-3-2 configuration offering 117 seats
2. seat pitch is 37", seat-back incline 8", seat width 20",a leather adjustable headrest, an innovative leg rest and foot rest, and a 9" personal video monitor for in-flight entertainment.
-About the Raffles Class:
1. a 2-2-2 configuration offering 64 seats
2. seats will be ofcourse the new SpaceBeds
1. passenger corners in both Raffles and E-E class.
2. Executive Economy Class will offer an area where customers can help themselves to an array of snacks and drinks.
3. latest AVOD Matsushita system
Really looks SIA is to set again a new standard in the world of civil aviation!
pictures and complete text on: