Usairwys757
Topic Author

How Much Will We Really Miss Concorde?

Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:33 am

How much will we all really miss the Concorde, I mean I guess it has a special place in my heart somewhat but I wont miss it all that well. I think with all the new planes coming in, A380, 7E7's and such. I think that will help some of us get over the Concorde. How about you, how much will you miss it?
Inactive.....

Mike77

RE: How Much Will We Really Miss Concorde?

Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:00 pm

This is in no way meant to disrespect Concorde or fans of it, but I won't miss this aircraft at all. I think it's an awesome plane - I even had a chance to fly on a BA Concorde in 1985 - but it has no impact on my life whatsoever. It's cool to see, but I don't feel any sense of loss about it.....not with the A380 and so many beautiful planes on the horizon. Obviously, if I had been on Concorde frequently or saw it at the airport often, I might be more upset about its retirement. What I will kinda miss, though, is Concorde in the BA livery. It suits the style of that plane so well.

FlagshipAZ

Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:03 pm

I'm sure alot of folks will miss it. Even tho I've never flown on it, I'll miss it just like I miss the 707s, 727s, DC-10s & the 747SPs. The Concorde carved its own niche in aviation history. Certainly it will NOT be a sidenote next to other significant aircrafts. Regards.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Ben Franklin

LFutia

Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:40 pm

It also won't have an impact on my life.... I was born in 1987 and haven't had the chance to ride it. Too bad the Concorde is retiring... was hoping to ride it in a few years...

Leo/ORD
Leo/ORD -- Groetjes uit de VS! -- Heeft u laatst nog met KLM gevlogen?