- On July 25th 2000, French President Jacques CHIRAC was on board an Air France B747-400, flight AF275 from NRT
. That flight landed ahead of schedule at 4:40PM LT
. (normal chedule is 5:20PM LT
) on runaway 26L at CDG
and was holding to cross 26R where F-BTSC was ready for T-O.
- The Japanese passenger who took the famous pictures showing Concorde F-BTSC taking off in flames, was on board this same flight AF275, and NOT on board a JAL plane bound TO NRT
, as it was said in many news papers.
- There was NO engine on fire when Concorde took off.
- Do you really think that a Captain, of any kind of aircraft, having such a problem during a take-off is going to think to avoid a Presidential Plane waiting somewhere on the tarmac ???
C.Marty probably didn't even know that J.Chirac was there, in a B744...and could certainly not see the a/c from his seat when he pulled up.
- The tank explosion and the fire started before V1. But the Crew didn't know it yet. They had the first alarm AFTER V1 "engine on fire" and it was actually a false alrm, as the engine n°2 was NOT on fire, but suffered from ingestion of various pieces of tyres/gears/fuel tank, as well as engine n°1. They probably also both suffered from "fuel exhaustion" because of the damages in the fuel tanks and different the pipes bringing the fuel to the engines. Don't forget that at the speed of the Concorde during the take-off run, it took only 2 or 3 seconds between the tank explosion/Blaze and V1
- You don't ABORT A TAKE OFF after V1. That's why a V1 is decided. That's the basic rule during a Take-off. "If the crew had known..." and if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle...
The Crew didn't know the danger of the situation. They had an alarm of "engine on fire". That's it, and an indication from the ATC who told them "AF4590, you have flames behind you...".
They didn't know yet about the fuel leak, the fuel tank explosion, the hydraulic failure, the gear that would not retract etc...
This ridiculous TV
show last evening on the Franch TV
, was just another bullshit...