triscl

UA Purchase Food On Board

Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:51 am

Yesterday I posted on the ideas for aa thread that I thought they should sell meals from companies (I believe I said in-n-out burger and krispy kreme) aside from the catering cos. I discussed it with a co-worker and we thought the logitics would be difficult. But then I got this email from United just now (along with the announcement about LOT joining Star Alliance). Whaddya think? I'm kind of pleased:

Purchase restaurant-quality meals during your next United flight in United Economy.

Beginning October 31st, you’ll have a choice to purchase and enjoy reasonably priced meals from such well-known restaurants as Bennigan’s, Hard Rock Café, Au Bon Pain and T.G.I. Friday’s on select United flights in United Economy. Buy on Board choices will be available on more than 200 daily domestic flights in and out of Chicago and Denver. On flights between 3-1/2 and 5 hours, you will have a choice of complimentary snack or you can purchase breakfast entrees for US$7, and lunch or dinners for US$10. On flights between 2-1/2 and 3-1/2 hours, you can choose à la carte items for purchase. We hope this enhances your onboard experience and helps you avoid grabbing meals on the run between flights. For more information, please visit united.com.

triscl

RE: UA Purchase Food On Board

Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:58 am

also from united.com:

Buy On Board markets:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Denver to/from:

Atlanta / Boston / Newark / Washington Dulles / Orlando / Oakland / Portland, Or. / Seattle / San Francisco / San Jose, Ca.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chicago O’Hare to/from:

Orlando / Oakland / Portland, Or. / Seattle / San Francisco / San Jose, Ca.