ord

ATA Logo

Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:32 am

This may sound silly, but take a look at the ATA logo. You would think the two "A's" on either side of the "T" would be the same/mirror images of each other. But one "A" is different from the other. They look close enough that you wonder if it was done intentionally or by accident.

It's a small detail, I know. But it makes the logo look somewhat amateurish.

If anyone knows the history behind the logo I'd like to know.

GoAround

RE: ATA Logo

Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:42 am

See what you mean!

Strrrange...

GoAround
GoAround

penguinflies

Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:25 pm

I looked at it and I think it has something to do with the flag logo on the tail. The way the flag curves to give it the windblown look made the A's look different. To be consistant, ATA keep that 3-d graphic the same on the front as the tail.

Just my guess

WMUPilot

Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:10 pm

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © James Richard Covington, Jr
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jason Whitebird

The only part of the logo that doesn't match the other is the crossbar in the second A. It's a little thinner. Penguinflies also hit on a good point. The reason (i always assumed) they are different is because if you look at the ATA lettering on the tail, the graphic of the flag shows it blowing in a breeze. Kinda like the USA Flag on the soldiers it is always blowing backward giving the impression of always moving forward. Anywho the second A is curved away from you (or towards you, however you want to look at it) thus shrinking the crossbar in the second A. And as penguinflies hit it right on hte head, ATA just decided to transfer the same design graphic to the body of the aircraft...hope that helps
JetBlue - Bringing humanity back to air travel