TWA902fly
Topic Author

American Airlines ORD-CABO SAN Lucas

Mon Jan 03, 2000 10:31 am

I flew on that flight, not bad, a little long thouth. The plane was half empty though, or half full. I got to Cabo San Lucas, and it was a little town, I don't Understand why American has service there, from two airports, five times a day, (3 from DFW, and 2 from ORD) Have you ever been on a flight to nowhere?
life wasn't worth the balance, or the crumpled paper it was written on

LatinPlane

RE: American Airlines ORD-CABO SAN Lucas

Mon Jan 03, 2000 12:15 pm

Maybe you flew there on the low time of the year!!!!!!

I flew on Mexicana from Lax-Cabo-Lax & the flight was packed. Back n 1996 and this was only 2 weeks after a huricane had passed by. Luckily it looks like the town didn't suffer to much because all I saw wrong were some billboard signs pertaining to some banks that were thrown down.

The airport looks like it was build on a mesa in the middle of nowhere but the landing approach was spectacular. I loved it...

Another thing I would like to mention is that this airport serves two cities. One is Cabo San lucas, where all the hotels and the tourist resorts are at. Another one is San Jose del Cabo which is a smaller colonial city or town. The area is developing & when I was there I heard some people saying that it reminded them of the popular resort towns of Spain back in the 60's.

I guess that the Mexican riviera is to North American what the Meditereanan Spanish beaches is to Europe. So thats the answear to your question..

Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.

AM

RE: American Airlines ORD-CABO SAN Lucas

Mon Jan 03, 2000 12:20 pm

Well, the reason U.S. airlines are increasing flights to Los Cabos is because this is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Mexico. A lot of Americans visit this place. Perhaps you didn't visit San Jose del Cabo and that's why you think Los Cabos is only a small town.
"... for there you have been and there you will long to return."