MSYtristar
Topic Author

Alpine Aviation

Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:28 pm

Anyone know anything about this carrier? They operate a late night flight with Beech 1900 equipment between LZU and MSY. I assume it is a courier/light cargo operator of some sort. Where are they based and where else do they fly?

Thanks for the help!

Steve in New Orleans

SunValley

RE: Alpine Aviation

Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:35 pm

There is an Alpine Aviation basaed out of Provo UT. I'm not sure this is the one you are referring to, but they are largely an aircargo operator & have very large contracts with the USPS. In the late 80's and early 90's they operated as a passenger carrier under the code 5A.

[Edited 2003-10-28 06:38:53]

Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:01 am

They are also a PFT (Pay for training) outfit, where they charge you to work for them. I think they have a website somewhere. Do a google search.

I used to fly out of Provo. I saw a lot of parked Beech 1900s, but not a lot of action. Nice new hangar though--they tore down the hangar that I used to work in to build it. Provo is mainly a maintenance base anyway.

-Normal

sllevin

Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:51 am

Alpine's website is:

http://www.alpineairaviation.com/

They've got 99's and 1900's. I'm not clear on their PFT program. Back when I went to work for them, they had two tiers of program:

PFT for very low time pilots who flew SIC (typically non-US nationals who needed a couple-three hundred hours of turbine time)

Non-PFT and direct to left seat (well, not entirely true, I flew for about 6 weeks in the right seat) of the 99's. They didn't have the 1900's then, although they were looking at them and actively talking about it -- they probably came in about 12 months after I left.

The upside of Alpine is that it is run by good, fair, and very ethical people. If I were going to return to flying as a career, I'd have no hesititation in going back. There are a number of people who've been there a long time.

And flying a 99 through a Montana winter solo will build character, experience, and respect for big hunks of granite.  Smile

Steve

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos