kaitak

Just Back - Happy New Year To All!

Mon Jan 03, 2000 9:35 pm

Hi all,
well, here I am, much fatter after a happy Christmas back home with family and friends in Dublin. I got in Jersey at about 11.40 on a Fokker 100 - lovely aircraft and jump seat for landing. Coming into Jersey is quite fascinating, as the island's only 9 miles long and we flew a twelve mile final, so we could see the whole of the island, and the runway (27) at the far end. Two very pleasant captains and good service.

I had chosen to fly through East Midlands (near Nottingham in the UK) to try the Fokker 100, which I got - and the EMB145. Unfortunately, fate frustrated my efforts. The flight to Dublin was changed, as the connection no longer worked, which was why I got the A321 to DUB from LHR. This morning, I arrived out early and was disappointed to find that the BD 304 to EMA was being operated by an F100 too. Aaargh! Still, BD was very good - and the F100! What a quiet airplane. Granted, I was near the front, 4 and 5F, on the two flights respectively, but nonetheless, it was a very quiet plane and the service was good.

Would I fly them again? Yes, but I like to experiment and with our own Aer Lingus starting its Gatwick service (from today, at 07.55!), I will try that - and also London City, during the Summer. Anyway, good to be back and hope you all had a good Christmas!

Amir

RE: Just Back - Happy New Year To All!

Mon Jan 03, 2000 9:47 pm

Thanks for the wishes, same to you!

dee-see-eit

RE: Just Back - Happy New Year To All!

Tue Jan 04, 2000 12:55 am

Hi:

I wish the same to you and a lot of messages in the forum. I fell in love with airliners.net and cant stop uploading photos! My wife is already upset due to my hours being connected to internet, and so on.

I flew on a Emb-145 from BCN to LIS and it is a nice plane. A little bit small (1-2) but the service was very good (Portugalia) and the view onto a developing thunderstorn awesome.

I made some pics in LIS I will upload during the next days...

Bye!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos