767Lover
Topic Author

Your Best Defense Against The Seat In Front Of You

Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:48 am

This was mentioned on the Clark Howard radio show yesterday (see www.clarkhoward.com). Has anyone heard if this?

(I don't think this constitutes as an advertisement)

"Another popular device is the “Knee Bender,” which prevents the airplane seat in front of you from coming back on flights. The item costs $10 and apparently works like magic. Often, within minutes of takeoff, the person in front of you has moved his or her seat back into your chest. So this “Knee Defender” prevents that person from moving the seat back. The FAA says they are perfectly legal and fine to use, but some airlines, including Northwest, have banned them. Some people claim that they are entitled to use the “Knee Defender” because the seat space on most airlines is almost nil. But it is possible to find seats with more legroom and space. JetBlue and Southwest both give a lot more legroom than the traditional airlines, and JetBlue will soon offer more space. Airlines need to make sure people have a comfortable flight. Maybe then they would make some money."

JGPH1A

RE: Your Best Defense Against The Seat In Front Of You

Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:53 am

Or just jam your knees up against the seat in front and prevent them from reclining - not too comfortable, but beats having the inconsiderate b@st@rd lying in your lap. It seems to be a very European thing, flying lying down regardless of the time of day.

If I'm on a night flight, I will check with the person behind me when I want to recline right back, to make sure they don't mind too much - nobody ever has minded, and seemed to appreciate that I asked.

Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

elwood64151

Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:43 am

Most coach seats only lean back abou 15-20 degrees. That's a maximum of about six-eight inches horizontal movement at the headrest. At the knee, it's less than two inches.

I'm sorry, but if you've got a problem when they lean back, you've got a problem when they're fully forward, too.

Southwest offers more leg room? Since when? And I seem to remember several threads on this forum talking about the seat pitch of B6 being smaller than other airlines flying the A320...
Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it in summer school.

n844aa

Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:51 am

I rarely, if ever, recline, but the principle of this device incenses me. Everyone on board that aircraft is entitled to their seat and the full use of its capabilities. I agree that it's simple common courtesy to check with the person behind you if one wants to recline, but if someone interferes with the operation of my seat, I'm going to ask a flight attendant to intervene.

If someone is concerned about insufficient legroom, I see three easy options:

1. Sit in an emergency exit row.
2. Fly AA (or another increased pitch airline.)
3. Pay for the damn business class seat.

Coach tickets are cheaper for a reason. Unilaterally denying someone the ability to recline is not an acceptable reaction to the limitations of coach.
New airplanes, new employees, low fares, all touchy-feely ... all of them are losers. -Gordon Bethune

jwenting

Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:06 am

Given that the distance between the seatback in front of you and your knees is about 5 inches in many coach seats, 2 inches less is a lot...

Anyway, those seats move a lot more than that. At the top they move about 10-15". That's almost half the distance between the back of that seat and the back of yours, leaving you locked tight.

I can tell from frequent personal experience that even reading a book becomes impossible when someone throws his seatback in your face or chest, the distance is too small for that (and yes, I've gotten seatbacks against my knees and chin more than once).

The ONLY defense against it is an exit-row seat, unless and until airlines start welding the seatbacks upright.
I wish I were flying

RE: Your Best Defense Against The Seat In Front Of

Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:08 am

YES Those of us over 6ft DO have a problem when they are not leaned back but its made MUCH worse when the inconsiderate jerk leans back. AAs MRTC is worth a few extra bucks but beware that does not include Eagle... Exit rows are great if you can get them too.. Business/first class is hard to get on an RJ and when it is available on non RJs its pretty damn expensive for a domestic flight. Go ahead and ask the flight attendant to intervene if I stick my knee in the back of the seat. I won't move it.. I hardly have anywhere else to put it and what's she gonna do? Toss me off the plane for that? Maybe they will find me a bigger seat. Apparently being fat, short, or anything else is a disability now so why not being tall?

n844aa

Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:17 am

I'm 6'2" and I can appreciate (and know firsthand) the discomfort caused by someone reclining their seat as far back as it'll go. That's a big reason why I don't do it myself. To an extent, I've been lucky that I have generally been able to avoid seats where I've been completely immobilized or unable to function.

My point is, though, that this device should have no place is a civilized society (not that that's necessarily what we inhabit.) Instead of unilaterally revoking someone's ability to recline, I would wager that 90% of all problems could be resolved with a few polite words.
New airplanes, new employees, low fares, all touchy-feely ... all of them are losers. -Gordon Bethune

EA CO AS

Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:21 am

Some people claim that they are entitled to use the “Knee Defender” because the seat space on most airlines is almost nil

The key word there is "entitled." Most people nowadays claim entitlement to just about everything. Free upgrades. Bonus mileage for scratching their butt. Free tickets because their flight was 20 minutes late.

But denying someone the right to recline their seat is not something ANYONE is "entitled" to. I don't care if you're 7 feet tall, have a disability requiring a seeing eye octopus, or whatever. No one is entitled to prevent someone from reclining their seat, period.

As others have said, if you have a problem with this, buy a first class seat, try to get an emergency exit row seat, or just DRIVE to wherever you're going.

"....either way, I don't give a DAMN about what you think that you are entitled to!" - Col. Nathan Jessup (Jack Nicholson), A Few Good Men
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

SInGAPORE_AIR

Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:45 am

Has anyone got a picture of this device? This would be very useful on flights as long as it is comfortable and you hardly notice it's there (except for the result of the seat not coming back on your knee
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

mandala499

Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:47 am

I've been restrained before for attacking a b4st4rd who'd hit my head everytime I recline my seat while he reclines his!

I got a seat, I'm entitled to recline it. If the person behind me is polite and asks me not to, I won't... but on a 14hr flight, I don't want to spend the next morning looking for a physiotherapist.

While I feel sorry for tall people sitting behind inconsiderate passengers, this device should be made illegal! The use of this device is as inconsiderate as inconsiderate recliners. 2 wrongs don't make a right!

Mandala499
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:59 am

Anyone got a link where i can go buy one? This clearly pisses enough people off I need to own one.

Greg

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:11 am

I believe you are entitled to recline your seat provided it does not cause physical harm to the passenger in back of you (highly unlikely or no seats would recline). If they have put a device on the seat for reasons other than the above (and can document it) you are entitlted to request, and expect, it's removal.

The 'I'm 6'-2" defense" is not applicable in this case. It's likely you should have chosen a first class seat that would be more appropriate for your stature. Not being able to afford the seat is not a defense either...but I suppose you could lobby the merits of 'height discrimination' or some such nonesense to a laughing court.....

EA CO AS

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:25 am

Anyone got a link where i can go buy one? This clearly pisses enough people off I need to own one.

If pissing people off on airplanes is your sole reason for living, just bring your dog or your baby instead.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

dispatch

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:27 am

I'm 6'4 and just recently flew AMS - ORD - LAS and back on United. Their economy sucks. On the return flight ORD - AMS I had this guy in front of me who apparently wasn't feeling well. He had his seat reclined ALL the way during the WHOLE (night-)flight. Now I did not want to hit him over the head, which btw I was almost looking down on, 'cause the man was feeling sick. Had he been ok.......

@Elwood64151: when was the last time you ACTUALLY flew SW.
I did 10 days ago: LAS - LAX - LAS; their seats on 737-300 and -700 were MUCH more comfortable then UA 757 and 767, slightly wider and at least 2" more pitch. Seems you have NO IDEA what you are talking about, you just moan along with others.

Peter

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:31 am

Here at JetBlue we are removing a row of seats on all of our aircraft. We will now have 26 rows and some more legroom. All aircraft are due to be completed in November.

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:38 am

Wow Greg, we agree on something...lol

This is complete BS. You buy a seat, you can recline it. Don't like it? Recline your own. I don't care if your Manute Bol, when I was flying as an FA if I would have caught someone using one of those, not only would I take it, but you wouldn't be getting it back. Those seats are property of the airlines, not yours to modify as you see fit. As a passenger, if I catch anyone putting one of those on mine, the back of my seat won't be the only thing you'll have to worry about getting in your face.

Brian - SPOT THIS!

TWFirst

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:44 am

The best defense against the seat in front of you is to request a bulkhead seat. Anyone who thinks I'm being "inconsiderate" for reclining the seat that I purchased is smoking crack.... and if you touch me or kick my seat because you don't like me reclining, you're going to have a lot bigger problems than having reduced "knee space" (that's not meant to be a physical threat btw). If you're not happy with the space the airline provides you, then as Greg mentioned, buy a first class seat or fly a different airline.

And speaking of first, I was flying in first on CO from PDX-EWR this past July, and had my seat reclined. The guy behind me, who had switched seats with his wife midway through the flight (she had been in the window, he in the aisle), insists on crossing his legs after moving behind me, so that his knee was pressed against the top back of my seat and the wall (ankle on the other leg). He then proceeded to kick/move my seat for the next 45 minutes. I was patient for awhile, but then realized he HAD to know what he was doing, so I turned around and asked him to stop. He then PUNCHED the back of my seat! This is a middle-aged, business-type. I angrily told him that was completely uncalled for and rude and called for the flight attendant, who after assessing the situation, asked me if I would mind raising my seat just a little because "the gentleman behind you is insisting on having has his legs crossed", and then asked the guy to please stop bumping my seat. I obliged, but I think the situation embarrassed the guy enough that he stopped acting like a 2-year old and didn't bump my seat again.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

caetravlr

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:47 am

Wow, I certainly hope that I don't end up on a flight with StartValve, not because I am scared he won't let me lean back, but he embodies exactly what too many people in society try to accomplish these days, just seeing how much they can piss others off for amusement.

I agree that every airline should ban those useless contraptions. The seats recline for a reason, and not very far. I usually recline mine partially, but not all the way, just depends on if I am trying to read, work on my laptop, or sleep. Unless I am stuck sitting right in front of an exit row, I WILL recline.
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her. - W.C. Fields

dispatch

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:51 am

BTW,
I found the best defense against a full-reclining seat in front of me is just a little game.
YES, I play with my tray: UP - DOWN - UP - DOWN - UP - DOWN - UP - DOWN, specially when the person in front is about to fall asleep. Adjustable PTV's are also great toys: IN - OUT - IN - OUT - IN - OUT - IN - OUT.
Nobody can do anything about that.
If I can't be comfortable, neither will the a**hole in front of me.

Peter

ntspelich

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:53 am

Has anyone been able to find this thing online? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

NS
United 717 heavy, you're facing the wrong way. Any chance you can powerback to get off of my deice pad?

AIR757200

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:55 am

Northwest Airlines has already banned the product from use on board it's airplanes.

``We have tested this product on several seat types and find that when installed, should someone try to force the seat to recline, the tray table assembly can break,'' said Mary Stanik, a Northwest spokeswoman. ``If the seat is damaged, including the tray table, in flight, it may adversely affect passenger evacuation in the event of an emergency.'' --The Associated Press

American and Delta are still looking into it and hasn't made a decision.

caetravlr

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:55 am

I am just curious... how does using a function that the airlines have built into their seats constitute being an a**hole?
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her. - W.C. Fields

dispatch

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:56 am

Here you go, a complete manual:

http://www.kneedefender.com/html2/how_to.htm

And it is indeed KNEE DEFENDER

Peter

Kempa

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:56 am

Whoever thinks I am not going to recline my economy class seat during a 9-hour overnight flight is nuts. If you walk through the cabin around 3:00AM you will see that 99% of the seats are fully reclined. They are designed to offer you a certain degree of comfort (not much) while not interfering too much with the space for the passenger behind you. You are paying for economy class transportation, which is taking you from A to B, no frills. Extra comfort for extra price. You want to cross your legs, pay for business class, you want to lie down to sleep, pay for first.

Using a device to limit how much the seat in front of you can recline is ridiculous and inconsiderate. All passengers have the right to use the space from the back of the seat in front of them (wherever the passenger in front decides to put it) to the front of their own seat (wherever you decide to put it).

There are plenty of options for tall people, and people who can't keep their legs uncrossed: if it is a real problem, mention it when you purchase the tickets, at the check-in counter, or at the gate, ask for a bulkhead or exit row, but don't expect it. The airlines want to accommodate you better, within limits.

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:57 am

If I can't be comfortable, neither will the a**hole in front of me

Seriously dude, stop being so self centered and recline you own chair. Problem solved.

Might I also suggest going to church and asking God to help you with your priorities in life. Honestly...

Brian - SPOT THIS

Customs172

Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:00 am

If I try to lean my seat back and someone sticks their knee in the back. They are probaby going to get a crushed knee. I can't understand how some people can be so arogant that they think they can get people to be uncomfortable so they can be comfortable. Thats a real as$hole thing to do. If you were to ask me not to recline in a nice way, I think a compromise could be worked out. (and know that dosent mean that you would have to give me money)Thats the same as pushing someone out of the way if they are in front of you.

[Edited 2003-10-29 21:08:13]

dispatch

Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:01 am

NonRevKing, problem NOT SOLVED:
if I recline my seat my head will fall into the lap of the person behind me, it sticks out anyway.
I DO HAVE consideration with that person behind me, so I DO NOT RECLINE MY SEAT

Peter

Ops48

Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:02 am

If someone felt entitled to clip this thing onto my seat, I would feel equally entitled to remove it and snap the $9.95 piece of plastic crap in half.

Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:10 am

Um, yes, problem solved. That's why most, of not all seats recline. Everyone pays for the same seat, it's fair. You buy the space from full upright to full recline, like it or not.

You do have a good point though. Based on some of the arrogant things you've posted, not only would your head stick out from your seat, it would stick out from Yankee Stadium.

Brian - SPOT THIS!

[Edited 2003-10-29 21:12:08]

prebennorholm

Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:14 am

Being 6'2" I of course often have that stupid problem.

More than 20 years ago I developed a method which has worked until this day:

When the seat in front slams down on my lap, then I find a large size newspaper, pretend to read it, while I make sure that the upper corner fiddles around in the hair of the person in front.

Very soon the person in front will ask me why I fiddle in his hair with my newspaper.

I then tell him/her that it's because he/she is lying on my lap. And that's where I hold my newspaper when I read it. When you don't lie on my lap, then it doesn't happen.

They usually don't get happy, but the seat always came up again. A few pointed fingers at deboarding, but what the hell, I'm probably never going to meet them again. And people who are so ignorant that they slam their seat onto my lap without even asking first, for sure I don't want to see them again.

I have over the years given that advise to many colleagues and friends. And I have got very positive feedback - seems to work all the time.

Airlines seem to be the only industry which can get away selling their products without a quality declaration. When you buy a ticket and ask for the seat pitch, then you get a very strange looking face on the other side of the counter. And nothing else.

No way can you know what you buy. For instance I have flown at least fifty sectors with Icelandair who traditionally has had acceptable seat pitch on their 734s and 752s. But then last May I got on a brand new 753, reg. TF-FIX, and it was plain hell. They just cramped the seats same way as the worst LCCs on that plane.

To those people telling us - just pay 4 or 5 times more for the ticket, and you will be just fine: The adjectives which I find appropriate for them is certainly inappropriate on this forum. 80% of airline customers don't want to pay thousands of dollars for launches access, luxury meals, free ticket change and all those things we don't need. The airlines who cannot "read" the needs of 80% of their customers, they don't deserve to exist.

The airline which is first to invent the uninclineable seat, they will have me as their most loyal customer until the end of my life.

Kind regards, Preben Norholm
Always keep your number of landings equal to your number of take-offs

triscl

Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:23 am

OK- as long as the owner of one of these devices doesn't plan on reclining their own seat.

If someone behind me asks me nicely to keep my seat up I will. However if someone behind me ever whips out one of these babies I will not be happy.

Any F/A's on here ever had to intervene in one of these exchanges?

bobrayner

Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:26 am

Why do airlines install reclining seats in the first place?

The airline which is first to invent the uninclineable seat, they will have me as their most loyal customer until the end of my life.

So you'd be happier if an airline offered you less comfort?
Cunning linguist

dispatch

Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:27 am

Preben,
until now I always said no to a newspaper, simply because I figured, were will I put that.
NOW I KNOW, thanks a lot, I will use your advice in the future.
I'll bloody have to, NonRevKing's church ain't paying First Class for me Big grin

Peter

CRJmx

Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:42 am

I have no problem with people use the features of a seat, but how about some courtesy? I don't like it when people lay the thing all of the way back, so I don't do it. I usually only lean it back about 1/2 way and I check to see if someone tall is behind me so I don't crush their knees. I was recently on a flight and there was a guy about 6'6" sitting next to me and could barely get his knees behind the seat in front of him. Already being grumpy from being jammed into his seat, the a-hole in front of him slammed his seat back and crushed his knees. Because of someone in a seat that wasn't even in front of mine, I had a horrible flight because the guy I was sitting next to was in pain.

Not only do you affect the person behind you, but you also affect the people around them. A little courtesy please!!

When it hits your lips, it's so good!!

jwenting

Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:48 am

So you'd be happier if an airline offered you less comfort?

Bob, that airline would offer MORE comfort. I (and many others) never recline their seats yet are constantly squeezed by those in front of us who do.

JAA and FAA should ban all reclining seats, have them all welded upright.
Reclined seats are a severe safety risk as they prevent rapid evacuation.
I wish I were flying

aaer 777

Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:55 am

I can hardly believe it... A lot of youze guys are getting all worked up about seat recline... My oh my. Well I suppose it's better to read this than being blind...just about.
Any possibility of opening a "get a life" forum in Airmoaners.net?
Which part of "NO" do you not understand?

prebennorholm

Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:58 am

It's unbelievable, there are people out there who are so polite and have so good manners that they knock on a door before they walk in.

But on an airliner the same people sometimes slams their seat onto the lap of another person without even asking for permission first.

Strange upbringing! Their parents have fouled up their job.

ntspelich

Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:01 am

But on an airliner the same people sometimes slams their seat onto the lap of another person without even asking for permission first.

The way I see it is that I paid for a seat. One of the features of that seat is that with it, I can recline to attempt to get at a bit of sleep before I get to where ever I'm going. I guess that I'm rude and my parents failed at raising me because I expect to be able to take advantage of the features of the seat that I am "leasing" from the airline.

NS
United 717 heavy, you're facing the wrong way. Any chance you can powerback to get off of my deice pad?

TWFirst

RE: Prebennorholm

Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:03 am

>>...slams their seat onto the lap of another person<<

Aren't you being a little melodramatic?? Perhaps on SAS or whatever airline you fly, the seats "slam into the laps of the person behind", but on all airlines I've flown, the seat recline is gradual... and there's not much "recline" to it.

and it seems you feel that the best way to counter what you believe to be rudeness is to be rude yourself, instead of politely making the person in front of you aware that their "reclining" is cutting off the circulation to your legs.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:06 am

I've found I don't mind somebody reclining if I don't have a bag under the seat in front of me. Yes, I'm one of those who puts both of their bags in the overhead bin when they preboard (and loves preboarding for that purpose).

I've only asked a person in front of me to not recline once... I was in the row behind the bulkhead row. They shoved their bag underneath their own seat (so it was in my legroom) and then reclined.

I see laptop safety as a valid reason. I know of people who have had their laptop screens snapped by somebody violently reclining (shoving it back all the way quickly). I'm cautious now and sometimes have to look at a distorted screen (from my angle) because I won't raise it all the way for fear of somebody snapping it with a recline.

I don't agree with the "Knee Defender" product though.

caetravlr

Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:17 am

I do agree with people getting upset about the people who "slam" their seat back, I am not tall, and have no issues with the recline, however, when they do it abruptly, it is usually hard to deal with.

I recline mine slowwwllly....

As for the laptop thing, I had my screen almost snapped just once, again, when someone slammed their seat back. The key is to make sure that the top of the screen is not in direct line with the lip of the indentation where the tray table is stowed. That is the part that caught the top of mine. If I bring my screen a bit foward, and make sure it is not directly under it, it is usually not a problem. Just a word of advice for those of us with laptops.

prebennorholm

Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:35 am

That knee defender on http://www.kneedefender.com is a very fine little safety device. A real gem.

My company is very conscious about the safety of our employees. We will buy 250 of them tomorrow.

As an extra bonus it will over the years save quite a few laptop computers as well.

adh214

Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:49 am

I can verify the laptop issue. A couple times, I have had a vigorous seat recliner in front of me almost total my laptop with the velocity that they reclined their seat. If you need to recline, please turn around and tell the person behind you or do it slowly.

Andrew

Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:58 am

Prebennorholm

Great, buy 'em up. Have plenty of spares cause I promise you if the person in the seat in front of you catches it, it'll be history.

Use 'em while you can, the airlines wont allow this.

Brian - SPOT THIS!

dispatch

Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:06 am

A little o/t:

If a passenger reclines his seat vigorously without warning, and he indeed damages/destroys a laptop being used behind that seat, who pays for the damage to that computer; the airline, the reclining passenger or the owner of the computer??

Peter

Staffan

Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:07 am

Haha, the stuff some people think up. Might be a good idea if the person in front of you insists on not caring about your comfort.

Staffan

Shortfinals

Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:14 am

I've got an idea, but it would probably cost a lot of money to implement. It's from the newer generation C class seats that slide forward when reclined. Why can't they just do that for Y class as well? Imagine that the tip of the top of your seat remained "fixed" and that any 'recline' would mean 'sliding' the cushion your rearend sits on forward and possibly upwards toward the seat in front of you.

You would then be able to control how much recline you had before your knee hit the seat in front of you. Plus, you probably couldn't "recline" much if the person in front of you didn't "recline" either.
I can't graphically depict this, but it's in my head somewhere. But the benefits of this are that you'd never again have somebody's bald head in your face if you didn't want it, plus, actually reclining your seat would make MORE space for the person behind you.

Probably would require a different type of seat design altogether. Anyway, just wishful thinking.

amhilde

Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:19 am

Frankly I find the reclined seat really uncomfortable on my back- I usually have to stuff three mini pillows back there on a long haul flight to make it remotely comfortable. Ill recline maybe half an inch because i dont want to make the person behind me feel awful all 10.5 hours to London from LA. Invariably though the person in front of me feels a distinct NEED to go all the way into my lap for the whole flight. Its really not comfortable on a plane to try and eat and watch the inflight movies when you are basically watching the top of someones head. Im only 5'9" but it seems regardless of what airline you are on, economy is going to be a bastard. I also cant afford to pay for Business or First, so im kinda stuck. It would be nice if more people were considerate and either asked, or sort of reclined, or didnt recline for the whole trip. but thats an ideal world i cant see happening any time soon.

I guess if i get really pissed off ill jam an odd shaped thing in the back pocket so an edge irritates the person in the middle of the back. Those odd shaped Vittel bottles you can get at the Boots at LHR work ok (with a few magasines in front of it), sometimes a big book wedged in an odd way will work too. At least then they can be as uncomfortable as I am  Smile
Hang on tightly, Let go lightly

dispatch

Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:20 am

Shortfinals, sounds ok to me. The world upside down, somebody tapping your shoulder:"Could you please recline your seat, I can use the extra space" Big grin Big grin

Peter

prebennorholm

Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:25 am

I think that we should all write a mail to all the airline companies we know and encourage them to buy those http://www.kneedefender.com things and put them in the pockets along with the airsickness bags.

As an interim measure until the airlines themselves come up with a better solution. (Like for instance bolting those seats in a fixed upright position on Y class).

At least those of us who are six feet or taller should write these mails.

After all it's a prime interest of the airlines that we don't take the train or our car because their planes are a pain to fly on.