Fuerteventura Restrictions/Effects On Charters?

Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:34 am

I've noticed that Fuerteventura seems to have less charter flights than the other main Canary Islands (Tenerife, Arrecife and Las Palmas). I've also heard that there is a restriction which means flights cannot depart Fuerteventura after midnight. Is this a reason for the lower amount of flights to the Island, seeing as, depending on the day, a lot of flights from the other three main islands depart between 0000-0400. With Fuerteventura, these departures are not possible.

I myself have been to Fuerteventura, twice in fact (although once was only for 4hrs when i got a ferry - Fred Olsen Big grin - from Lanzarote). I must admit where i went seemed a little unbuilt, so maybe this is why there are less flights.

RE: Fuerteventura Restrictions/Effects On Charters?

Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:47 am

Fuerteventure is not as developed as the other 3 islands, due to the lack of flights, but it will be getting busier as the island gets popular. I went last year and it was great.
EMA has got 3 flights a week to Fuerteventura this winter which is 2 flights a week more than last year.

The main restriction on Fuerteventura is because the approach path is directly over Caleta de Fusta, which is where i stayed and so they cant operate over night.

[Edited 2003-10-29 18:50:18]

RE: Fuerteventura Restrictions/Effects On Charters?

Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:23 am

Arrecife is also under the same restrictions, due to the close proximity of the Playa Honda urbanization to the north of the runway and the holiday resort of Matagorda to the south.

TFS and LPA are a fair way out from the built up resorts that the tourists flock to, well maybe Costa del Silencio is a bit of an exception in TFS - this is how their operations can be carried out throughout the night.

I have just returned from ACE on Monday as it happens, saw a 747 take off from there for the first ever time, it was awsome.