Britair
Topic Author

Does Iberia Upgrade Staff?

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:39 am

Hi guys, especially all Iberia staff,

Just a quick question. I am BA staff and am flying standby on Iberia on Sunday from London to Madrid and Madrid to Las Palmas (Gran Canaria). I have travelled IB standby about 4 times before and always seated in Economy. My question is, will Iberia upgrade BA staff if Economy is full? That's the BA policy, but other airlines, such as Qantas dont: if Economy is full then bad luck, QF will let J class seats go empty. Just wondering what IB's staff travel policy is.

Thanks in advance for your help  Smile

ibe1238

RE: Does Iberia Upgrade Staff?

Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:33 am

I'm sorry ,but if the plane in economy is full IBERIA upgrade you. This is IBERIA's policy. If this happens with IBERIA staff flying non-rev, IBERIA is obliged to upgrade a rev client and then give a seat in economy to its employee. This agreement was signed by IBERIA and the trade unions.
Another thing that happens normally with BA's cabin crew flying non-rev is that they argue that when a flight is overbooked,both in C/C and Y/C and the captain permits a certain number of id pax to fly in jumpseats, they have priority before IBERIA Ground Staff because they are crew. I tell you this because in BCN happens normally. They're wrong. If we accept jumpseats, the priority is for our staff, even if he/she is a ramp staff. We don't take seniority into account, we follow the pattern of first come, first served.
Manuel

Britair
Topic Author

Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:45 pm

Thanks for that! I enjoy flying IB......economy it is for me then!

cheers Smile

JGPH1A

Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:49 pm

Britair,

QF do upgrade OA staff eventually, after all their own staff are upgraded. At least they used to.

Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Britair
Topic Author

Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:08 pm

That's good to hear about QF. When I worked for them (left QF in 1999 to join BA) they were awful with upgrades. Many a time I was left behind because Y was full and knew that there were some J class seats available. Now working for BA, the policy is much more employee friendly.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos