Britair
Topic Author

Does Iberia Upgrade Staff?

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:39 am

Hi guys, especially all Iberia staff,

Just a quick question. I am BA staff and am flying standby on Iberia on Sunday from London to Madrid and Madrid to Las Palmas (Gran Canaria). I have travelled IB standby about 4 times before and always seated in Economy. My question is, will Iberia upgrade BA staff if Economy is full? That's the BA policy, but other airlines, such as Qantas dont: if Economy is full then bad luck, QF will let J class seats go empty. Just wondering what IB's staff travel policy is.

Thanks in advance for your help  Smile

ibe1238

RE: Does Iberia Upgrade Staff?

Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:33 am

I'm sorry ,but if the plane in economy is full IBERIA upgrade you. This is IBERIA's policy. If this happens with IBERIA staff flying non-rev, IBERIA is obliged to upgrade a rev client and then give a seat in economy to its employee. This agreement was signed by IBERIA and the trade unions.
Another thing that happens normally with BA's cabin crew flying non-rev is that they argue that when a flight is overbooked,both in C/C and Y/C and the captain permits a certain number of id pax to fly in jumpseats, they have priority before IBERIA Ground Staff because they are crew. I tell you this because in BCN happens normally. They're wrong. If we accept jumpseats, the priority is for our staff, even if he/she is a ramp staff. We don't take seniority into account, we follow the pattern of first come, first served.
Manuel

Britair
Topic Author

Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:45 pm

Thanks for that! I enjoy flying IB......economy it is for me then!

cheers Smile

JGPH1A

Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:49 pm

Britair,

QF do upgrade OA staff eventually, after all their own staff are upgraded. At least they used to.

Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Britair
Topic Author

Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:08 pm

That's good to hear about QF. When I worked for them (left QF in 1999 to join BA) they were awful with upgrades. Many a time I was left behind because Y was full and knew that there were some J class seats available. Now working for BA, the policy is much more employee friendly.