sevenair

Newcastle-Durban? Success?

Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:45 pm

Hey, I hear that a new airline will be serving NCL-Durban next summer woth 2week package holidays from 599GBP. But im just wondering what the need is for it? Dont get me wrong, I am pleased, but will it work? To be honest, I cant see ZA being popular with the Geordies (local tribesmen!) for some reason. There are no other flight regularly non-stop to ZA. Im surprised the didnt choose Cape Town, its more famous after all. WHat do you think?

CKT789

RE: Newcastle-Durban? Success?

Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:52 pm

I think the flights are going via Manchester on the way down to South Africa with either 757 or 767 (the airline might be called AV8Air?). It would be something different rather than the normal packages that are offered from Newcastle but I don't think there is enough demand to fill it. Hopefully, the demand from Manchester will make up for this.

Jamie.

JGPH1A

Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:58 pm

Durbs is a great place for a vacation if you live in SA, but its an awful long way to go from NCL, to get what can basically get in the Canaries - high rise apartments, nice beach front, African curios. And its a REALLY long way to go in a charter-config 767 !
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

sevenair

Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:01 pm

AH I see. I love little hops between airports in UK. I did PIK-NCL on MD83-was like a mini rollercoaster!! Stopping to pick people up is common from NCL so it would make sense to do it. ALthough people from scotland may travel down to newcaslte for flights.

RJ100

Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:11 pm

Hello

A little bit off topic but just want to let you NCL guys know that you might expect some nice charters in November for the UEFA Cup game Newcastle United-FC Basle.

I have the confirmation of a NEOS Air Italy B-737-800, a SWISS SUN A-320 and at least another SWISS aircraft (A-330, A-321 or MD-83).

Watch out...

Cheers,
RJ100
none

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos