expressjetphx

Could AA Turn STL Into An AE RJ Hub?

Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:15 pm

I know this might just get slapped down, but here's an idea for the table.

If AA withdrew mainline ops from STL, except for a few MD80 flights to:
DFW
ORD
LAX
MIA
JFK

And kept Chautauqua as American Connection operating ERJs to midsize business cities, and Corporate Airlines using the J31s for connections from smaller cities in the region not served by ORD or DFW. Another alternative to this would be bringing in AEagle with CRJ700s and smaller ERJ135 or another aircraft. The hub would be mainly for St. Louis' business community, and connecting small or midsize business/leisure cities together , without having to pass through a 'fortress hub'. I would imagine that this would also keep costs down for AA. I'd like your thoughts on this.

AIR757200

RE: Could AA Turn STL Into An AE RJ Hub?

Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:27 pm

Expressjetphx,

There was actually some talk about reinstating service to select cities from STL that were mainline to AmericanConnection and/or American Eagle.

Boiler Special

Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:36 pm

What's the difference between the new schedule today and what you're suggesting?

atrude777

Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:46 pm

Just what I was thinking, we will only have 50 Mainline flights, the rest about give or take 150 flights are american connection and american eagle.
Alex.

Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

LambertMan

Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:21 pm

Yeah, we'll have 50 mainline and supposedly ATL and DEN maybe coming back to mainline in March or so according to my neighbor S80 captain. But some cities will get some capacity reductions such as MIA, LAX, MSY, BWI, and SEA from what I've been hearing. Time will tell though.....

highliner2

Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:23 am

If I recall correctly, Eagle did'nt fly out of STL before. It was all Chautauqua and Trans States right? So is it actually American Eagle that will be picking up alot of the "Slack" on the downgraded mainline flights?
Go Cubs!

Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:30 am

So is it actually American Eagle that will be picking up alot of the "Slack" on the downgraded mainline flights?

Not out of STL. American Eagle will only have three daily flights from STL (all three to LGA).

They are, however, picking up the slack with added flights out of Chicago (such as new service to LNK/FSD/BMI/MLI/SGF/LIT/ICT and lots of additional service to places) but they are not expanding into STL directly.

SHUPirate1

Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:31 am

Highliner-the only American Eagle flights from STL now are three of the six daily STL-LGA flights...the other three are mainline (2 Super-80's and an MD-83)...every other non-mainline flight out of STL is under the AX banner (Chautauqua, Trans-States, or Corporate)
Burma's constitutional referendum options: A. Yes, B. Go to Insein Prison!