ConcordeLoss
Topic Author

Saudi Arabian Airlines

Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:36 am

Did anyone have any experience with them?
What kind of customer service do they have?
"You're not as stupid as you look, or sound, or our best test indicates" Burns to Homer

swissgabe

RE: Saudi Arabian Airlines

Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:41 am

I flew Saudi on a GVA-JED-BKK/DAC-RUH-JED-ATH-MXP on 772,744,743 and M90 back in October 2002.

Aircrafts are very clean, Service on board was good (similar to KU), in the 744 and 772 there are PTV and in the M90 and 743 IFE. Food is halal but good and on DAC-RUH I was upgraded to F and had seat 1A! Keep in mind, services to/from Europe might be better than from KSA to Asia (especially into/from Bangladesh).

Airport in RUH is more modern than JED but in JED there are more shops. RUH is easy to transit between SV and other international carriers since terminals are connected and in JED there are different terminals.

In case of any other questions, feel free to drop me an email.

cheers
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

ConcordeLoss
Topic Author

Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:00 am

Thank you Swissgabe.

How about their time profile?
"You're not as stupid as you look, or sound, or our best test indicates" Burns to Homer

PanAmerican

Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:40 am

Hi Swissgabe,

how were you allowed to get a visa? Do they normally provide that with a ticket?
I always thought it was especially hard to get a transit visa for leisure trips...
Did you see anything of Saudi Arabia? How was it?

Smile/happy/getting dizzy PA
Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.

swissgabe

Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:26 am

ConcordeLoss
All four flights on time!

PanAmerican
For transitting via RUH or JED you don't need a visa but since I had non-rev tickets I had a transit visa on the outbound flight. It is free of charge and I didn't need it since I didn't leave JED/RUH airport. Had a 10hrs transit on the way back at RUH and there is absolutely nothing to do but at least they provided an FOC meal.
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok