Msh744
Topic Author

American Eagle Plans To Return To Duluth, MN (DLH)

Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:15 am

Not really that recent, but I searched this forum and found that this hasn't been posted yet.

The Department of Transportation has awarded Duluth's Airport Authority $1 million to entice American Eagle back to the Twin Ports -- just nine months after the regional air carrier left, citing financial losses.

The return of American Eagle would mean the end of a monopoly hold on Duluth air travel by Eagan, Minn.-based Northwest Airlines and its affiliate, Mesaba.

read the full article at the following link.

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/6761939.htm
--------------------------------------------

I'm glad AE is returning, but I was hoping to get a chance to fly NW the next time I flew into DLH (since we always fly AA), but that won't be happening. However, I don't really mind, as long as I can get there.

-Msh744

RE: American Eagle Plans To Return To Duluth, MN (DLH)

Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:57 am

Yes, this was part of the grants that came out a few months ago. Great news for Eagle.... they are getting a lot of expansion lately.

dinker225

Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:17 am

Wow, news to me that they even left. I fly into Duluth usually every summer but always on NW. American always seems to be more expensive from Denver. Great news. Maybe I can fly them sometime.

Dinker
Two rules in aviation, don't hit anything and don't run out of gas, cause if you run out of gas yer gonna hit something.

N670UW

Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:37 am

American always seems to be more expensive from Denver

Confused

You mean Dallas?

SCRAMJET

Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:30 pm

I'm sure he means Denver. AA does fly DEN-ORD don't they? And then a connection to DLH on AE?

NW is DEN-MSP-DLH.

dinker225

Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:42 pm

Yeah I mean Denver. From DEN to ORD to DLH alway seems to be more expensive then Northwest is from DEN to MSP to DLH. Would be nice to change it up every few trips. Oh well.

Dinker
Two rules in aviation, don't hit anything and don't run out of gas, cause if you run out of gas yer gonna hit something.