azncsa4qf744er

Air France At LAX

Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:43 pm

Hi, Can anyone please fill me in on this one. I know Air France pulled out of Tom Bradley International Terminal and moved to Terminal 5. Which mean they are handled by Delta Air Lines. How is the operation being handled? I know Terminal 5 have only 2 gates the can take B744. Those gates are the same on taking B777. On some nights I see Air France B744 being tugged into TBIT. How does Air France work over at T-5. If anyone know please let me know.

American 767

RE: Air France At LAX

Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:06 pm

Air France codeshares with Delta so I'm not surprised to see an Air France aircraft parked at a terminal of Delta. I don't know anything more about this, I have never flown AF transatlantic and haven't been at LAX for 20 years, what is probably happening is Air France arrives into T5 where pax and crews clear customs and immigration, but leaves out of TBIT. I don't know LAX, but I imagine T5 has immigration and customs facilities.
It's like Lufthansa at O'Hare. They arrive into Terminal 5 because passengers have to clear immigration, but they leave out of Terminal 1 (United's terminal) because they codeshare with United.

Ben Soriano
Brussels Belgium
Ben Soriano

Leskova

Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:10 pm

According to Amadeus they arrive and depart from Terminal 5 - maybe they just pull it over to TBIT if T5 is full?
Smile - it confuses people!

ConcordeBoy

Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:28 am

but I imagine T5 has immigration and customs facilities.

Yes, it does. AA's int'l arrivals (used to, if not still) use T5 as well
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

The777Man

Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:03 am

AA now uses their own immigration and customs facility in T4. They stopped using T5 over a year ago. QF also parks at T4 for some of their flights.

The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

flyboy7974

Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:23 am

well correction to this, i was just in lax last week, on wed night at midnight, dropped a friend off for the pappettee flight, and it departed from the tom bradley terminal, on the south side, second gate from the terminal. it was suppose to depart at 1215am, i left at 1am and the flight was still at the gate

eta unknown

Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:55 am

I believe AF moved their ops last Friday- FYI 3/4 of the AF staff lost their jobs as a result of the move. I don't know how the CDG-LAX-PPT flight is going to be handled as there's no self-contained room in T5, unless the US Govt. will require the pax to clear immigration in order to reboard the same flight.

usflt1778

Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:35 am

I have heard the transit flight will continue to use TBIT, while the rest of the operation moves to T5. From AF's web site the arrivals *only* of 70 & 71 (transit flts) are at Terminal B, while Terminal 5 is listed for *all* departures as well as the arrival of AF068 from CDG.

iflyatldl

Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:18 pm

I'm not positive about LAX, but I know at BOS the Paris flight arrives at the International termial, passengers deboard for customs, the aircraft then pulled by tug to the DL terminal then departs DL terminal for CDG. I'm guessing the same would be true for LAX. But then, doesn't just about everything at LAX have to be pulled by tug these days?
Ah, Summer, Fenway Park, Boston Red Sox and Beer.....

AF Cabin Crew

Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:44 pm

Ia Orana all !!!

Here are some information about the LAX move...
All CDG-LAX-CDG flights, namely AF 062 and AF 068 are handled by DL employees with AF supervisors at T5. All engineers are AF engineers too. Most employees lost their jobs and the flight 070 on November 1st to Papeete was the last one operated completely out of TBIT.
As for the flights 070/071 to and from Papeete here is how they will operate.
The aircraft will be parked at TBIT or in these terminals far from everything if there is no place available. Transit pax will go to TBIT as this is where the transit lounge is and T5 can not provide the facility. Crew and LAX bound passengers will disembark at TBIT where they will clear customs and immigration. Pax and crew boarding in LAX on flight 70 or 71 to either CDG or PPT will be checked in at T5 and will board a bus to get to TBIT or a remote gate where the arcraft will be parked.

Hope this helps,

Happy Flying,

AF Cabin Crew.
Ia Maitai to tatou tere !

flyboy7974

Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:49 pm

AF Cabin Crew, do you know the reason for the delay for AF to PPT on wed night? I sat there for a while waiting for it to push, but finally got tired and left after 1am as the 747 still sat at the gate

FlySSC

Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:20 pm

Maybe the Pilot got arrested because he didn't put his "hands up !" fast enough....  Wink/being sarcastic

BN747

Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:35 pm

What amazes me is how AF has a complete lock on service between Paris and America's 2nd largest city. 10 744 svcs a week and Air Tahiti with a daily A340 on the run and not a single US carrier in sight. Hmmm...strange.

BN747

The code-share crap looks neat on the surface..but a friend recently got robbed in Spain of his laptop/wallet/tickets from a hotel. And 'One World' partner Iberia basically had the attitude that..hey, we didn't issue the ticket! (BA did) Not til he got to MAD did get a little 'respect'.
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

azncsa4qf744er

Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:01 pm

Thanks you very much for the information AF Cabin Crew. You've answers my mystery question. I had some though about the transit pax and Terminal 5 thing. But I wasn't sure. Thank you for sharing the valuable information. I guess Air France is going cheap like us at Qantas using Terminal 4 American Airlines for custom.

AF Cabin Crew

Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:36 pm

Ia Orana all !!!

a little update about AF at LAX...
We are investing money to build a transit lounge in T5 for our transit passengers on their journey to PPT or CDG.
The lounge should be up and running by early next year.
The new cabins should be fitted on the 747-400 flying to PPT by next summer.
The New l'Espace Affaires Business will be in zone A and B, the rest of the aircraft will be Tempo/Economy. Upper Deck will carry around 50 something seats for the full Y fare paying customers.
Air France has no plan to stop serving PPT as it is investing money on the route and the infrastructures along that route.

Happy Flying,

AF Cabin Crew
Ia Maitai to tatou tere !

flpuck6

Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:56 pm

Mr. AF Cabin Crew has provided excellent details on the updated operations at LAX. Mind you, Air France is also handled by Delta in Cincinnati (CVG), Atlanta (ATL), Philadelphia (PHL), and Boston (BOS). Crazy stuff for LAX now.

There has been a slight change in AF operations at BOS as well, I know someone asked about it ... AF now operates INBOUND and OUTBOUND out of Terminal E where all int'l carriers now operate, no more tow. Air France is still handled by Delta yet check-in is now on the AF system. Interesting stuff eh?
Bonjour Chef!

jrlander

Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:34 pm

Delta also handles AF at EWR. The plane arrives at a Terminal B international gate, and is then moved over to one of the Delta gates for departure.

iflyatldl

Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:32 am

I just heard about the change at BOS a few days ago- after my original post. It make sense. But at BOS, they've been doing that arrival-move the a/c for years...at least in DL's case. Back when Sabena and Swissair were codeshare buddies(if you will) with Delta I always saw one of their a/c at the terminal.
Ah, Summer, Fenway Park, Boston Red Sox and Beer.....

Philaboy

Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:22 am

Silly thing here in PHL

AF flights arrive at Terminal A, (the main internation non-USAirways terminal), and depart from A Delta gate. strange but true. Also, I was in LAX on august 31, and saw a AF777 pulling into the bradley terminal, just thought i'd say that