gkirk

Wideroe To Start NCL-Oslo And NCL-Bergen?

Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:59 pm

Heard rumours that Wideroe will be adding flights from NCL-Oslo and NCL-Bergen, both routes served Daily with DHC8-300 and that the SVG service will be upgraded to DHC8-400.
Anybody in Norway heard about these rumours?
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

ssides

RE: Wideroe To Start NCL-Oslo And NCL-Bergen?

Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:05 pm

I haven't heard anything about this, but I would love to fly Wiederoe sometime. I saw some of its turboprops at Oslo-Torp, and checked out its web site -- I think it would be wonderful to fly to some of the remote villages in northern Norway. Maybe this will give me the chance!

By the way, where are the Wallis and Futuna Islands?
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

gkirk

Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:30 pm

Ssides: Somewhere in the Caribbean I think?
I was originally from Svalbard and Jan Mayen, but too many people from here followed me > Sad  Laugh out loud

vadheim

Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:52 pm

It would have been great to see a direct service between Oslo and Newcastle again  Smile Have'nt heard anything about a Widerøe service!

However, I doubt it in the nearest future. Duo Airways just started a direct service between Edinburgh and Oslo and this will compete with Newcastle in the north. South of Newcastle British Airways will compete with it's twice daily service from Manchester!

gkirk

Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:29 am

Vadheim, Manchester is a long way from NCL so it wont compete. Edinburgh is also quite far from NCL, so there shouldnt be a problem.
NCL airport have said that they are confident a new/existing operator at NCL will open routes to Oslo and Bergen, amongst other routes  Big grin

Edit: The Sunday SVG-NCL-SVG service will be operated by DHC8-400 this winter, all other flights still with DHC8-300

[Edited 2003-11-05 16:46:01]