silverfox

Nearest Airport To Sinsheim?

Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:15 am

Can anybody tell me what the nearest airport is to Sinsheim. Willing to fly anybody!!!

Thanks

fritzi

RE: Nearest Airport To Sinsheim?

Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:28 am

My guess would be the Karslruhe Baden-Baden airport

nudelhirsch

Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:31 am

It's FRA. Most airlines go there, You should get a good connection anywhere.

And You also have the busiest apt of Germany as a playground...

As You obviously plan a trip to Sinsheim - don't miss the museum's branch in Speyer! AN22, Dassault Mercure, and the by now famous 742...it's about half an hour away from Sinsheim, actually a bit closer to FRA...to reach the famous spotter's platform near rwy18 You might want to have a car or a cab, it's a bit to walk...so try to find "sixti", it's a LCC-type of rental cars, You will get a Smart for 5€ a day, Focus Wagon for 8€ (weekends cost a bit more)...just in case money does matter...if not, You can rent a SL500...

STR would be longer driving, probably about an hour, maybe a bit more, also is the less interesting apt compared to FRA.
Baden-Baden could be an alternative if You're coming in on FR, but there are hardly any flights, so maybe difficult to get a connection, but it's for sure closer than Hahn, FR's Germany hub #1....

Have fun!
Putana da Seatbeltz!

silverfox

Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:45 am

Thanks for the replies.
car rental does look like a good option, but why rent a Merc when i am leaving a perfectly good RR behind!!!
Looking forward to the trip. and thanks for the input about the other site
didnt know that

Ron

silverfox

Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:32 am

It seems that there are no LCC that dly to FRa. Ryanair goes to Hahn, but you say that is quite a distance away?
How much?
Thanks

Ron

fraT

Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:06 am

Hahn is more than an hour away from FRA. And it's the opposite direction of Sinsheim.
Check out the LH fares. They have some ridiculous low fares. I saw a fare from FRA to London City Apt. for €42,- plus Taxes. Not sure about the other direction.

nudelhirsch

Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:14 am

Hahn is about an hour away from FRA, I think.
I don't know, what Your next apt would be, so I can hardly give You hints, which airline is interesting.
My experience is, that sometimes it's about as cheap (or than in a "package") to fly normal carrier.
I found some good BA fares when seeking a flight to LHR, I also know about special offers from LH.
Depending on what the trip should be like, saving time by flying directly to the wished destination, saving cash by not renting a car, ar whatsoever..., sometimes it's interesting to pay a 50 more than on LCC and get a better package after all...FRA itself is a busy apt, so there are not too many services from LCCs.
I could advise You to visit statravel.com and try to find a good fare in there.
Putana da Seatbeltz!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos