silverfox

Nearest Airport To Sinsheim?

Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:15 am

Can anybody tell me what the nearest airport is to Sinsheim. Willing to fly anybody!!!

Thanks

fritzi

RE: Nearest Airport To Sinsheim?

Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:28 am

My guess would be the Karslruhe Baden-Baden airport

nudelhirsch

Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:31 am

It's FRA. Most airlines go there, You should get a good connection anywhere.

And You also have the busiest apt of Germany as a playground...

As You obviously plan a trip to Sinsheim - don't miss the museum's branch in Speyer! AN22, Dassault Mercure, and the by now famous 742...it's about half an hour away from Sinsheim, actually a bit closer to FRA...to reach the famous spotter's platform near rwy18 You might want to have a car or a cab, it's a bit to walk...so try to find "sixti", it's a LCC-type of rental cars, You will get a Smart for 5€ a day, Focus Wagon for 8€ (weekends cost a bit more)...just in case money does matter...if not, You can rent a SL500...

STR would be longer driving, probably about an hour, maybe a bit more, also is the less interesting apt compared to FRA.
Baden-Baden could be an alternative if You're coming in on FR, but there are hardly any flights, so maybe difficult to get a connection, but it's for sure closer than Hahn, FR's Germany hub #1....

Have fun!
Putana da Seatbeltz!

silverfox

Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:45 am

Thanks for the replies.
car rental does look like a good option, but why rent a Merc when i am leaving a perfectly good RR behind!!!
Looking forward to the trip. and thanks for the input about the other site
didnt know that

Ron

silverfox

Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:32 am

It seems that there are no LCC that dly to FRa. Ryanair goes to Hahn, but you say that is quite a distance away?
How much?
Thanks

Ron

fraT

Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:06 am

Hahn is more than an hour away from FRA. And it's the opposite direction of Sinsheim.
Check out the LH fares. They have some ridiculous low fares. I saw a fare from FRA to London City Apt. for €42,- plus Taxes. Not sure about the other direction.

nudelhirsch

Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:14 am

Hahn is about an hour away from FRA, I think.
I don't know, what Your next apt would be, so I can hardly give You hints, which airline is interesting.
My experience is, that sometimes it's about as cheap (or than in a "package") to fly normal carrier.
I found some good BA fares when seeking a flight to LHR, I also know about special offers from LH.
Depending on what the trip should be like, saving time by flying directly to the wished destination, saving cash by not renting a car, ar whatsoever..., sometimes it's interesting to pay a 50 more than on LCC and get a better package after all...FRA itself is a busy apt, so there are not too many services from LCCs.
I could advise You to visit statravel.com and try to find a good fare in there.
Putana da Seatbeltz!