SHUPirate1
Topic Author

Question Regarding US/UA Codeshare

Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:59 am

It has been discussed about a zillion times on this board that US and UA only make money on passengers flying in their metal. So, god forbid somebody decides to fly CLT-DSM, flying CLT-ORD on US Airways (in both directions) and ORD-DSM on United (US Airways does not serve DSM)...if the ticket costs $200 (just to make a round number) how is that $200 distributed between US and UA?
Burma's constitutional referendum options: A. Yes, B. Go to Insein Prison!

JGPH1A

RE: Question Regarding US/UA Codeshare

Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:48 pm

Codeshare partners can operate in a variety of different ways

1. Revenue pooling - revenue on the shared route is split evenly, regardless of who the pax booked with

2. Service fee - the marketing carrier pays the operating carrier a fixed fee or prorate.

3. On interline journeys, where carriers have a codeshare or other alliance agreement, usually they set up prorate agreement guaranteeing participants in an interline journey a percentage of the fare dependent on the route travelled etc.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

GSPSPOT

Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:58 pm

I know this is off-topic a bit, but if one is Chairman's Preferred status on US, does that carry over to UA completely with all benefits?
Finally made it to an airline mecca!

triscl

Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:51 pm

Well, according to the US website, you can check in at the United First counter, earn the elite status mileage bonus, board early (they actually include Economy Plus boarding, whatever that is  Big grin ), are exempt from blackout days (but UA doesn't have them, do they?), reserve economy plus seats, and buy upgrades at a discounted rate (I don't know what the rate is).

I'm flying US to LGA-PIT at the end of december, so I'll be interested to see what it's like on US as a UA Premier.