B4REAL

Who Does AA Think They Are?

Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:23 am

Before you read this, yes they I know they are the world's largest airline.

I don't know about you, but I have been stirred by the tone of recent AMR Corp / American Airlines press releases.

Though they are just informing the public that AA already does ~whatever~, they need to take a big time chill-pill in my opinion.

The following are specific examples:

links:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031106/dath055_1.html

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031030/dath061_1.html

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031029/daw071_1.html

A snippet of today's release:

"FORT WORTH, Texas, Nov. 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- "American Airlines winter ski and sun service to almost 20 destinations -- announced a month ago -- is far more robust than the limited seasonal service changes Northwest Airlines announced today," said Roger Frizzell, vice president-Corporate Communications and Advertising at American Airlines. "In addition, earlier American Airlines announced 'Kids Fly Free' and 'Companions Fly Free' promotions to ski destinations through American Airlines Vacations. And we're offering competitive low fares to the most popular ski destinations through AA.com. "

I really am perplexed why they are taking a defensive position to recent press releases by other airlines. Does anyone inside really know what is going on by this recent ping pong press release that AA is participating in?

I wonder if it would be appropriate if NW would comment on AA's earnings releases!
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds

Superfly

RE: Who Does AA Think They Are?

Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:30 am

B4real :
Don't read too much in to it.
It's just your typical Texan inflated ego.
Bring back the Concorde

Accidentally

Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:36 am

Umm...possibly because its a well known way of business since the beginning of time?

Its all competition baby. Whatever you can possibly do to steer even one customer from a competitor you'll do. If NW was to remark on AA's earnings, then good for them. Its a weak spot. Hit and run.
Indianapolis, IN

Skyway1

Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:40 am

b4real....

How about you skip those folks at AA and give us nice guys and gals at ATA a try. From your profile you live in Grand Rapids, where we(TZ) have service from 8 times a day!

Chris

Nuts  Nuts

P.S. Sorry for the shameless plug  Nuts
KNUK, KNUK, KNUK woowoowoo

tommy767

Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:47 am

Who does AA think they are?

A damn good airline.
"KEEP CLIMBING" -- DELTA

B4REAL

Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:54 am

Skyway1:

Yep, I'm a GRR'r and if you are on the airport yahoo mailing list. I'm Mr. Rebuild the Airport.

I've yet to try TZ. I am big on loyalty points, but have none w/ ATA.

I did, however, like the attractive Hawaii specials that are out.

I travel so darn much for work, though, that I really just want to stay home. But my company's travel agent has never offerred me a TZ itinerary. ?
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds

emiratesa345

Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:54 am

They are American Airlines: Something Special In The Air!

I don't know why your getting all upset. British Airways and Virgin Atlantic have been boosting their own self esteem this way for a long time now. Virgin Atlantic Airways even paint things on the sides of their aircraft!

EmiratesA345 Smile/happy/getting dizzy
You and I were meant to fly, Air Canada!