usair320

Which Airline Has The Nicest F/a's?

Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:15 am

In my opinion US(female) and BA(male) F/A's are the nicest.

capt078

RE: Which Airline Has The Nicest F/a's?

Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:18 am

the standout greatest flight attendants i have ever seen were on air france, in business class. otherwise, southwest and song have the friendliest.

highguy76

Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:22 am

I am extremely biased here, but I say CO, although BA and Air New Zealand have been very nice to me also.
I have been non-reving on F9 a lot, and they have been pretty cool too.
Highguy76

HlywdCatft

Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:23 am

What defines nice?

Are you talking about personality or looks?

nudelhirsch

Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:27 am

Counting these girls as FA too...HootersAir...
Putana da Seatbeltz!

bistro1200

Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:29 am

There are some WN FAs that should NOT wear shorts.
Measure to the millimeter, mark with a crayon, cut with an axe.

highguy76

Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:30 am

As I understand it, the Hooters Air girls (at least the skimpily dressed ones) are not flight attendants, but waitresses.
Highguy76

BAGSMASHER

Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:30 am

LACSA!! Friendliest prettiest FA's on the planet!

JBLUA320

Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:31 am

jetBlue and song have great flight crews.
The USAirways crews I experienced this past weekend were excellent as well

JBLU

luv2fly

Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:32 am

Highguy76

You are correct they actually run trivia contest, sell Hooters merchandise and promote the Hooters chain. There is a crew both male and female FA's on board, and dressed like normal, everyday FA's.
You can cut the irony with a knife

usair320

Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:35 am

Hlyudcatft, which ever one you please!

ObiThomas

Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:51 am

I agree with HlywdCatft, it depends on what you mean by "nice." I like Lufthansa inflight personnel because they are very helpful when you need help, but they leave you alone when you don't need help. To me, that's the definition of perfect service.

Adam T.

Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:02 am

Well...you will have friendly and mean FAs at just about every airline. I've always had very friendly flight attendants on American, and for the most part US Airways has some really laid back flight crews. But then again, the rudest FA I had was also at US Airwways.
In general though- AA and US Airways get my vote!

high_flyr69

Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:05 am

hands down without a doubt Virgin Blue F/A's are the best i have come across, young attractive and very friendly and full of energy. Good job Branson
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice Doggy' until you find the shot gun

AA777MIA

Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:08 am

I really think it is hit or miss.... You cannot generalize one airline from another...

navega

Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:10 am

I believe Mexicana has some of the nicest, professional
flight attendants in the air.

They are genuinely friendly and make you feel comfortable
on their flights.

Their female flight attendants are very good looking especially the young ones that fly on domestic flights.

nudelhirsch

Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:13 am

Adam...well said!

biggggggest X-Perience: Atlantic Coast (United Vranch) between IAD and BNA...awesome pretty girlie!
Flight back: Cute Italian girlie..nice, pretty, wow...

Whatever an other airline offers...can be this or that...
Putana da Seatbeltz!

emiratesa345

Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:15 am

The nicest cabin crew that I met were on British Airways Concorde. I have alos met some amazing cabin crew on EuroLOT S.A.

EmiratesA345 Smile/happy/getting dizzy
You and I were meant to fly, Air Canada!

sushka

Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:23 am

Samara Airlines had the nicest F/As that I have ever flown with.

My last flight they asked the pilots if I could visit the cockpit and I ended up with a jumpseat. After the flight I met the F/As in the parking lot again at Kurumoch and had a friendly little chat.

I have had other great flights with their flight attendants too.

Air France is another story.
I flew on a A321 and 777 with them and both male and female flight attendants wouldn't even ask the pilots if I could visit the cockpit. I was really hoping to see the office of the 777. I did ask the F/O on the A321 for a visit and he let me come in and look around.
The service was not that great on the 777 either.
Pershoyu Spravoyu Litaki!

Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:38 am

I am biased too, but I think our WestJet F/As are the best there is. REALLY professional and SUPER friendly. Not only that, who doesn't look great in the poly-denim combo? Big grin

speedbirdyvr

Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:38 am

Any straight male FA's are nice. Gay FA's just have too much attitude, no matter what airline. They need to be in the beating chamber!

As far as females are concerned, it has to be JAL. They may not have perfect English, but they are as courteous as you can get.

drewwright

Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:50 am

Speedbirdyvr, I am sorry you havent had any nice, gay male flight attendants because we are out there. P.S. how do you know if a male flight attendant is straight or gay? Do you ask them which way they swing?
DRW

AA777MIA

Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:13 pm

Speedbird....

That is the most ignorant statment that I have ever heard in my life.. How do you know who is gay or straight??? Please.. sometimes you can tell, but not all the time.. Perfec example,,, I made 10 bucks in tips on my last flight from females hitting on me... HELLO?? They did not get it... How about the guys flying up front? You assume they are straight, got new for ya, not the case!

Sydscott

Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:29 pm

I agree with AA777MIA. It doesn't matter whether an FA is gay or straight either can display a healthy dose of attitude. You just don't know which is which and really it doesn't matter. I also know a number of the guys up the front of the plane and believe me they aren't all straight.

As for the best FA's, I'll put my vote in for Cathay Pacific. I had a great time on the night flight from Hong Kong to Amsterdam and whenever I roused myself from sleep there was an FA with a basket full of chocolate bars there. Quiet, unobtrusive but there when you need them. BA business class was pretty darn good as well!!!!

ILoveORD

Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:46 pm

"How about the guys flying up front? You assume they are straight, got new for ya, not the case!"

Oh yeah, so now all pilots are gay, right? Gimme a break. You know a few gay pilots and then of all the sudden, everyone pilot is a gay pilot. Grow up. Before you start ridiculing the ignorance of other members, I suggest you examine your own fancifiul, childish, and not to mention, ignorant logic...

As far as nicest F/A's go, I'd have to say that most, if not all, my experiences with F/A's have been nice. The Malayasian crew comes to mind first, but then again, I've only flown with them once. There was this ONE Alitalia F/A who was kind of sassy with me though; she gave my some lip (and a smirk, too) about putting my tray up before take-off--we were sitting on the tarmac for a while and I was reading a magazine on it--but I rather enjoyed it.  Big grin
Backhanding the left into submission, one activist judge at a time.

TWAL1011

Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:01 pm

I know you guys complain about older dinosaurs on the US carriers, esp. on overseas flying. As a former AA flight attendant, I can tell you that most of the 'dinosaurs' I worked with were the classiest ladies I have ever met and were great with the passengers. There is something to be said for those who are left from a more civilized time in civil aviation.

L1011Lover

Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:09 pm

Very well said Drewwright, AA777MIA and Sydscott!
There is just one thing, I have to add to that silly post!

Speedbirdyvr: Actually bad passengers arguing and telling things like you need to be in the beating chamber!!!!

Anyhow, I can be the nicest F/A up in the air, but also the rudest you´ve ever flown with!!!
It depends (mostly on the passengers!!!).
Once I was told by a female fellow F/A that all the passengers seem to be afraid, when I´m walking down the aisle!!! I almost burst out laughing!!!
On the other hand, I also had passengers hugging me, before leaving the plane!!!
Now make up your mind Speedbirdyvr: am I straight, gay, or maybe am I comfortable either way... ???
You should stop posting such arrogant, mean and insulting comments!!!

And now my answer to the actual topic: DL and UA both have wonderful and nice F/A´s, the rudest I ever experienced were on AF!
But there are nice, cute, helpful, caring and lovely F/A´s as much as mean, rude, ugly and arrogant crews with every single airline around the globe!!!
It´s all about luck!!! (And unfortunately I had bad luck with AF, that´s all!)

L1011Lover

Sydscott

Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:11 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with TWAL1011. Although not experiencing the delights of international flying on a US carrier, Qantas has a number of "dinosaurs" flying domestic and although some may look like old battleaxes they usually have years of knowledge, provide great service and are friendly and attentive to customers. As with most industries I think the airlines will appreciate keeping the "dinosaurs" flying to teach their younger FA's something about good old customer service.

Sydscott

Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:16 pm

And before I forget, hello to all the old Ansett Australia FA's out there. Now they truly provided great service. In 5 years of flying with them I never had a bad experience.

BH346

Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:20 pm

From my experiences, Air Nippon. Professional yet helpful. ANA's were really good with professionalism but they were sorta robotic. In the US, the best overall to me would be Comair...they were all around nice. The friendliest would definitely have to be Southwest.
Northwest Airlines - Some People Just Know How to Fly

ScarletHarlot

Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:22 pm

I find you get what you give. Smile and be polite to FAs, and generally you get it back.

On my last flight back to SEA from ATL, I spent a delightful two hours chatting with the FAs in the back of the 767. They were all wonderful!

I also learned that if you stand in the galley of a Delta plane, wearing a blue shirt and black pants, people assume you are a flight attendant. I got asked for pop, where the garbage was, etc.! It gave me a bit of a chance to see how people treat FAs.
But that was when I ruled the world

L1011Lover

Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:40 pm

Could you all please stop those discussions about crewmembers sexual orientation???!!!
Ever heard of the fact, that airlines are equal opportunity employers???
What the hell has sexual orientation of F/A´s, pilots... etc. to do with this topic and this forum???
Yes, for god sake there are a lot of gay male F/A´s, there are also a lot of gay pilots, lesbian F/A´s, straight male and female F/A´s and, oh yes there are also straight pilots, both male and female!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And, oh I forgot, there are also some bisexuals out there!!!
You got what I´m talking about? Come on, get over it, we live in the 21st century!
Let people have sex with whoever they like to! It´s none of anybody elses business!!! Is there really anybody out there who believes that sexual orientation certifies for someones work, professionalism or friendliness????
Let other people live their life and clean your own kitchen!!!

L1011Lover

speedbirdyvr

Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:24 pm

I know it doesn't matter whether you are gay/straight/bisexual, whatever......

But in my personal experience, the rudest FA's are all gay! Please, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell which one is a fag or not. I am not anti-gay by any means. I'm just speaking from personal experience. Even my friends who are gay, FA or not, admit that they have "the" attitude. It's as if it's almost a cool thing. I work in customer service too, and rudeness is a two way thing. You get what you deserve. But with gay FA's, rude or not you still get it! Whatever........

L1011Lover

Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:55 pm

Speedbirdyvr: Sorry to say, but it´s just totally ridiculous!

MSPMAN

Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:03 pm

Probably, the nicest that I had were on my Qantas flight from LAX to AKL. The most memberable flight attendant was Bob on Frontier.
JB

B777FA

Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:29 pm

SPEEDBIRDYVR,

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE FU**IN MORON!

solnabo

Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:41 pm

Wonder if Iberia´s f/a´s still wearing those cleaningdresses?
They sure looked ugly!
Anyone having a pic. of IB´s f/a clothes? Just curius..
(no offence)
Had a great flight with IB CPH-Barcelona-P.d.Mallorca in the 90´s.
Hasta Luego
 Big thumbs up
Michael/SE
Airbus SAS - Love them both

SNBA319

Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:53 pm

Thanks everybody for the amusing and unreasonable yet off-topic replies...
Before somebody stirs up too much sh*t  Big grin and this post gets locked, i just wanted to comment on the original question.

My best experiences have been with SN Brussels Airlines. I am not Belgian and have no specific connection with the airline and have flown with many other airlines, but they stick out in personal devotion to the pax. In the end i do not like fake attitudes.
My worst experience was with Alitalia MXP-BKK, where the crew, everyone of them, did not give a rats a$$ about broken chairs or other problems that had politely been addressed to them by myself.

HlywdCatft

Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:35 pm

**Oh yeah, so now all pilots are gay, right? Gimme a break. You know a few gay pilots and then of all the sudden, everyone pilot is a gay pilot. Grow up. Before you start ridiculing the ignorance of other members, I suggest you examine your own fancifiul, childish, and not to mention, ignorant logic...**

Uh oh, is there an alternate meaning to cockpit now  Nuts

Dtw757

Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:00 pm

Trying to determine what airline has the nicest F/A's is really not possible. People all have individual personalities. We ALL have good days and bad days. None of us have THAT much contact with the F/A's anyway while we are flying. You cannot judge a person from that amount of contact. I've had nice flight attendants on every airline I've been on. I've also come across some not so nice ones. We don't know what these people have going on in their lives on that particular day. I just try to treat them the way I want to be treated.
721,2,732,3,4,5,G,8,9,741,2,3,4,752,3,762,3,4,772,3,788,D93,5,M80,D10,M11,L10,100,AB6,319,20,21,332,3,346,388,146,CR2,7,

RiverVisualNYC

Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:57 pm

SWISS has some incredibly enthusiastic FAs in both transatlantic premium cabin and economy, they really go out of their way and it's all the more remarkable considering what this airline has been through.
One that often gets overlooked is Gulf Air, which has a nice combination of female FAs from many countries around the world and male FAs from their home country of Bahrain, who are very friendly and eager to please and obviously take some national pride in the airline.
It seems that 2 factors tend to make the difference, one is the service culture of the airline's home country, and the other is in the training of the cabin crews (compensation of course also enters into it).

Aircanada

Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:53 am

Air Canada...of course!

Andrew.

planemad

Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:58 am

No one mentioned Virgin Atlantic f/a's I had a brilliant time on Virgin in August.

Speedbirdyvr- Don't be homophobic.

Goose

Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:59 am

Air Canada...of course!

You've obviously never heard the common Canadian joke about AC F/As....  Big grin
"Talk to me, Goose..."

mandala499

Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:08 am

I miss having galley parties on SAS long haul... they were fun, friendly, pretty... strictly no touch! They shoved us drinks, they made us laugh... what a way to enjoy a flight when having insomnia!

The rudest F/As I've met are SQ... the friendliest ones I know personally... so they don't count...

MH has a better cut on their uniform than SQ... makes the gals look nicer... but please change the friggin' colour!

Garuda and Star are the best ones I've had for short haul... very very nice personal attention... although some are a bit too personal...

Mandala499
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

LImamura

Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:40 am

It all depends on the day, flight, time, section. Meaning if a FA is having a bad day then your flight experience may be hell no matter, which airline it is. Leaving a bad impression of the FA and airline.
On widebody flights I have had times when I was sitting on the right side of the plane and the FA in charge of my section was terrible, but the FA on the left side was terrific. Not neglecting the pax like ours was and came around checking on people so many times with a cheerful attitude.

VRG772

Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:53 am

In Brazil, TAM has very attentive, friendly, and very professional F/A. Doesn't matter if it's a male or female flight attendant. They are always very nice. And the female F/As are very beautiful in most of flights I've taken.
Decolagem Autorizada.

B777FA

Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:49 am

I agree, TAM has excellent F/As...very well groomed and very attentive to passenger's requests. (the service on TAM is great also).

triscl

Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:54 am

I have had my nicest and meanest F/A's on United. This probably has something to do with the fact that I take them the most. I think you can get all kinds on all the airlines.

Nicest: I had change for a $20 for her, so she gave me free beer for the rest of the flight. Then we hung out during our delay on the ground in ORD and became fast friends.

Meanest: on the star alliance 763 from SFO to JFK. Oh boy, she was really scary. One woman asked her if she should be concerned about the mysterious black box under her seat (contained life vests I think) and the F/A threw her safety demo props (they did it live for some reason) down on an empty seat and yelled, "WERE YOU LISTENING TO ANYTHING I JUST SAID?!?!? I QUIT!!!!" lol. When she came by with dinner options we threw down our headphones and sat at attention!

ConcordeLoss

Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:58 am

SWISS and previously Swissair in every class of service.
"You're not as stupid as you look, or sound, or our best test indicates" Burns to Homer