airxliban

How Much More Does It Really Cost?

Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:44 am

Couldn't find a similar thread to this in the database.

How much more does it really cost an airline to accomodate a passenger in a premium class of service?

I'm not referring to the opportunity cost of being able to put X more economy class passengers on the plane.

But in terms of food, lounge operating costs, extra check in desk cost, marginal cost of adding the premium seats...that sort of thing.

Lets take the long range scenario. LHR-JNB. In World Traveller vs Club World, the ticket is significantly more expensive...perhaps six times? I don't know the exact figure, but lets pretend full fare refundable. Say its six times more expensive for the passenger. How much more expensive is it for the airline?

I suppose this ratio would be less for a short flight. Say BA LHR-CDG. The seats are the same, just one column has 5 seats instead of 6 on a narrow body. Then how much more expensive is it?

Any thoughts?

Air Liban
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.