GulfstreamGuy
Topic Author

Airline Fleet Or "Nose" Numbers

Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:58 pm

I have a picture of a DL 738 in my web page but there is no visible N#. After a little bit of research on A.net I found out that the "nose" or fleet number that is on the tail and nose.. "3756" is actually registered as N3756. Even though the reg and fleet number is the same, my question is this.. It seems that the majority of the airlines use a 2,3, or 4 digit code to keep track of their aircraft without using actual N (or whatever country it is registered in) numbers and I would like to know if there is a web page or site that would list these numbers and their corresponding reg numbers? I already know all of NW's fleet numbers.  Laugh out loud

..If this topic has been posted before, I apologize.

Thanks,
GulfstreamGuy
"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane. " -Jimmy Buffett

FlagshipAZ

RE: Airline Fleet Or "Nose" Numbers

Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:09 pm

Have you tried Bill Harms' old website? Granted, this site is a year out of date, but up until Dec 2002 it does list all know tailnumbers & fleet numbers on Boeing, Douglas, Lockheed, Concorde & Airbus jetliners...past & present.
Hope this will help you somewhat. Regards.

http://www.bird5.bird.ch/bharms/asr_sh00.html
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Ben Franklin

Dalmd88

RE: Airline Fleet Or "Nose" Numbers

Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:10 am

For DL the 'N' number and ship number don't always match. The 777 fleet doesn't match for one example. Some of the inherited aircraft don't match either. Most fleet types for us do though. One thing I find odd about our ship numbers is the 737-200 have 3XX numbers while the 737-300 have 2XX ship numbers. The -300 came from Western with those numbers.