LeoDF
Topic Author

Taesa To Fly Again On January 15th

Thu Jan 06, 2000 9:21 am

Rumours say that TAESA is very likely to start operations again on January 15. For one thing it's ok for many people benefit from their low costs but regarding the bad thing, I don't think their planes were well checked!!! As you all know Mexico is very well known for the classical "mordida" or for corruption. I really hope it's not the case, for many people will be involved indirectly with TAESA's corruption, let's say the passengers. I did hear that their planes were being dismanteled and were checked cautiously piece per piece practically. But I already said, this is Mexico and many people say that corruption also took part in TAESA renewing operations. So let's hope it's not true, but as most of you, are not Mexican, I would like to hear your opinions about TAESA restarting service...

Thank you!

LeoDF
Lloyd Aereo Boliviano

Aircanada

Why Were They Grounded To Start With?

Fri Jan 07, 2000 1:00 pm

I was away from the forum for a few days (I was quite ill) and must have missed why they were grounded in the first place. Can anyone tell me??

Thanks in advance,
Andrew.

Derico

RE: Taesa To Fly Again On January 15th

Fri Jan 07, 2000 1:06 pm

They had a crash last year in which 15-20? people died.
Maybe someone can give a correct number of fatalities. The Mexican government apperently found grose violations of safety measures, so they were grounded. Now, obviously, they are being allowed to take to the skies again. I'm not from Mexico, I just told you all I know.
Latinplane, or LeoDF surely must now more w/details.
Derico
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

LatinPlane

RE: Taesa To Fly Again On January 15th

Fri Jan 07, 2000 1:13 pm

Hello LeoDF!

I am an American of Mexican decent. Althought I do not live in Mexico, I understand how this country has faltered down because it has corrupt politicians that care less for the people. Althought many people might disagree with me! I feel that Mexico will not be a real democratic country until the current political party steps down from it's monopoly.

Frankly, maybe these news do not really surprise me!
After all, it is widely known that the founder and major stockholder of Taesa has big ties with the current political party.

I recently heard on the news that the goverment was asking Taesa to have in hand $150 million dollars, in order to insure that it would have enough capital to maintain and run normal operations. These including the cost of properly maintaining it's planes. At the time Taesa ceased operations it only had $30 million on hand. I suppose that with more than a month of non-operations it has drastically gone down.

I might be wrong, but I feel that Taesa does not do anything for Mexico or the economy. After all, it provides lousy service, pays poor wages to it's workers and has a bad safety record. It is incredible how the gov. is criticing Cintra (parent co. of AeroMexico & Mexicana)for what they are calling a monopoly when these airlines are proudly flying the Mexican flag of it's country around the world, and doing a good job at it!

If the rumors are true, I hope that the FAA bans Taesa from flying into U.S. territory. After all, who really wants a lousy cheap airline anyway.

Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos