PIA777
Topic Author

Whats The Best Flight You Have Ever Been On?

Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:13 am

Hello, My best flight was on a PIA 747-367 from JFK to Lahore. I got a really good seat, upper deck, window seat. No delay, good weather, and good views.

-PIA777
GO CUBS!!

alonk

RE: Whats The Best Flight You Have Ever Been On?

Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:18 am

I flew in 1995 from KMIA(miami int'l) to LLBG (tel aviv) on a direct flight that El Al Israel Airlines offered during the summer period of 1995.the flight took 14 hours,nonstop.I sat in the 3rd row of the upper deck(744/4X-ELA).the service was great and they flight passed by pretty quickly considering i was 11 and i flew by myself at the time.  Smile

Royal330

Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:20 am

My was last year on an A319 of British Airways.
The food was very good, very good weather, nice flight attendants and very comfortable seats.
Very nice!
“I don't have any solution, but I certainly admire the problem.”

KAL744

Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:24 am

All my flights with Korean Air were very very good. So finally it became my favorite airline at all. Service is very good, specially the traditional Korean food, crew is very nice and kind, Seats very comfortable, even in economy, ....

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Johan Kellerman

fly Korean Air ....

godbless

Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:27 am

I have been on many "best flights".
But these must be my top three:
- US Airways FRA-PIT A330-300
- Lufthansa FRA-MEX B747-400
- Scandinavian ARN-CPH A321-200

Max

PIA777
Topic Author

Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:29 am

I think this was the A/c that i went on.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Stephen Fox

GO CUBS!!

BFR

Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:38 am

My best flight ever involved my first ever 744 expierience... Qantas 108 from LAX-SYD... you can't beat a 14 hour flight in a plane you've wanted to be in your whole life...

B4REAL

Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:55 am

CO GRU-EWR on a B762.

I got to sit in their outstanding BusinessFirst cabin as a free upgrade due to overbooking.

Lucky Me. CO rocks.
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds

StarFlyer

Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:06 am

My best flight was this one...

Well, it really begins in central London. My gf and I caught the bus out to Stansted airport for our LH flight to Hamburg about 2,5 hours ahead of departure. Scheduled time for the bus ride: 1h15m. Well, you can guess it, we got really stuck in the rush hour out of London. About 20minutes before departure we finally arrived at the airport. Made a run to the check in counters with the sign "Hamburg LH4697". No queue there, just a couple of attendants chatting. We run up to them and they are like "oh those must be the two". Next thing she does is say "I'll put you two in Business, alright?" and we're like "OK! Big grin ".
Got a fast lane sticker, bypass the long security line, arrive at the gate where they are already boarding settle into our seat for a great 1h20m flight on this BAe146 with an excellent crew. Smooth ride, good food. My best flight. Absolutely.
Yours truly - StarFlyer

airxliban

Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:10 am

i have had a couple too.

BA 001 June 10th 2003 LHR-JFK on Concorde
TWA IAD-CDG on a L1011
Middle East Airlines 214 GVA-BEY Cedar Class on F-ORME new A321

best kinafeh in the skies by far.

i miss those golden days of aviation where TWA and Pan Am and others were still around. L1011s were gracing the skies and 747 classics were abundant, concorde was still in service and 707s and 727s were not extinct.

ahhh the good old days...
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.

aviationfreak

Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:00 am

My best flight was with SAS ARN-AMS on a MD-80.
Good Scandinavian food, very friendly and helpful F/A`s. I was flying economy but it felt like business class.
This was also my first flight with a MD-80. From AMS to ARN was a 737. Also a good flight but I was a little disappointed cause the a/c was a 737. The chance is very big it`s a 737 when you catch a 'European' flight from AMS. That`s why I was so happy with my return flight.
I love both Airbus and Boeing as much as I love aviation!

KYIPpilot

Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:08 am

NW DC-10 from SEA to HNL. Great views of downtown SEA and great veiws of Oahu when we arrived.
"It starts when you're always afraid; You step out of line, the man come and take you away" -Buffalo Springfield

BMAbound

Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:28 am

Kalispell - Minneapolis in business on a Northwest A320. This was my first business on an American carrier and I must say it was great! Really comfy and great weather.

PS

I'm assuming this topic pertains to commercial traffic, as a passenger. My most satisfactory (not comfortable...!) flights were during PPL-training, such as the first solo and the first solo x-country. I'm sure everyone out there with a pilot's license agree! =)

regards
Altitude is Insurance - Get Insured

contrails

Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:37 am

It was a long time ago, in early December. I had been to St. Pete Beach in Florida, and it was time to head back to TUL. I got on a TWA 727 at TPA, and headed up to STL for my connection. The night was clear and the air was smooth. I had a good meal (they were better back then), and I was relaxed and happy.

It had been my first real vacation since becoming old enough to travel by myself, and I loved every minute of it.

I remember listening to, and really enjoying, "Fame" by David Bowie, which was popular at the time. It seems like it was only yesterday.

I've had a lot of good trips since then, but it's never gotten any better than that one.
Flying Colors Forever!

emiratesa345

Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:45 am

British Airways BA097

October 2nd, 2003.

YYZ-JFK

Concorde

Supersonic Class

59 minutes

EmiratesA345 Smile/happy/getting dizzy
You and I were meant to fly, Air Canada!

UN_B732

Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:50 am

nwa. Impressing Everyone with their domestic service, not their rap music.
My best flight was probably SU 315 SVO-JFK on the 767-300/ER.
Aeroflot Must not be overlooked, they are very hit or miss. They can be excellent, they can be absolute jerks.
This trusty aircraft took me across the pond.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Yevgeny Pashnin

A really friend steward, good seats, good IFE, generally a very good flight. Not sure if it really was -BAY or another tail. I think I remember it as -BAY.
But, that is probably tied with KL 642 from JFK-AMS which was just a perfect flight in all respects. From the Ground Staff to Amsterdam, it was justperfect (Y). This for sure was on PH-BUT equipped with the new cabin.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jan-Peter Seier

View Large View Medium

Photo © Wietse de Graaf

And even that is tied with a perfect jetBlue JFK-BTV. It's hard to pick a favorite flight probably
1. B6
2. SU
3. KL
but not sure, so I'm going to have them all as my favorites.

What now?

USAFHummer

Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:28 am

I have two flights that standout...

Ansett Australia 910
June 29, 2001
767-200
SYD-CNS

This flight demonstrated to me exactly how cruddy American carriers are compared to other countries...on a sub 3 hour flight, we got a full meal (including the famous Tim-Tam which I rave about often, it all got started in seat 7A of this Ansett 767 for me), a movie, preflight entertainment (music videos), and a very friendly crew...I was awestruck...it was very sad to see Ansett's demise...

Frontier 383
November 16, 2003
A319 (N923FR)
FLL-DEN

Yes...only yesterday...this flight was the best domestic flight Ive ever taken in the US far and away...F9 is the best airline I've ever had the privilege of taking and I look forward to taking them in the future...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

jeckPDX

Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:39 am

The best flight I've ever been on came after the worst. On my 16th birthday, I was schedeuled in first class from BWI-ATL-PDX. Due to intense thunderstorm activity, my flight was cancelled along with any others flying south. After they had announced that any passengers going to PDX had been rebooked on a NW flight thru MSP. Anyway, after much trouble, I missed the flght and ended up sleeping on a bench at BWI with nothing since i was an unaccompanied minor. No hotel, food etc. Just booke on a 6am flight thru CYG. Upon arrival at the gate at CVG, i was upgraded to business first (DL) since the MD11 was going CVG-PDX-NRT. Great seat, great PTV's excellent food and service made this a floight I'll never forget. Even though we were delayed for a hour and a half on the ground waiting for the equivalent of the ABS to be repaired.
"Beer is proof that God Loves us and wanted People to be Happy" - Ben Franklin

America West

Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:51 am

The best flight that I've ever been on was ATL-SFO on Delta flight 305. It was on a 757-200 (my favorite plane). The flight was about 4 hours long and I had a nice comfortable window seat in the exit row. I'm 6'3 and I had plenty of room to cross my legs and slouch down in my seat.

There was a meal (not the best, but at least we got something), a movie and some Delta Horizons programs. The flight attendants were very nice and professional. The flight was smoooth and also departed and arrived on time.

amhilde

Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:22 am

VS Upper Class LHR-LAX in 1999

Lauda Air (code share with Austrian) VIE-VNO in August 2001

The latter was my first trip out that far east in Europe, to visit a close friend in Vilnius. I think we were on some sort of prop driven plane, given that VNO only has two airbridge thingys. Anyway, got a whole meal that was very edible, the flight wasnt that loud, and there werent that many people on it either. The steward was a doll and I was sitting next to some East European babe covered head to toe in labelled Italian designer wear. The decent into VNO was great though, the sun was shining and the hills around the city were all green- the light was just right in the late afternoon.
Hang on tightly, Let go lightly

redngold

Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:39 am

It's a tie between:

1-- USAirways First Class (Seat 1C) PIT-TPA in 1997. I was orginally booked CLE-CLT-TPA but the CLE-CLT flight was cancelled due to white-out conditions at CLE. I was put on a Dash-8 flight, CLE-PIT, and the only seat they had left PIT-TPA was first class. Too bad for me. Pre-flight drinks, china and crystal, a nice wide seat and pillows and blankets... I'll never forget it!

2-- Southwest Airlines LAS-ABQ at Thanksgiving 1994. My flight was delayed because the plane was tied up out of BUR. But it was a wonderful delay because we took off with the sun setting, and the shadowed relief of the mountains and mesas was absolutely spectacular. I took instant camera photos out the window of the plane and they were beautiful. The landing at ABQ was wonderful, too. We came in over the west mesa after dark (this was before the west mesa was developed) and rode the thermals in so smoothly that I barely felt us touch down. This was when I was still a fearful flier, and I believe that my round-trip ABQ-LAS-ABQ on Southwest was the turning point in my recovery from that condition. I had never walked off a plane laughing prior to that flight.

redngold
Up, up and away!

PIA777
Topic Author

Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:45 am

This is my first day on A.net, I just remembered another of my best flights. It was on a PIA Fokker 50, after arivving from MAN. I stayed over at a hotel for the night and the flight was in the morning. It was a very scary take off. The plane was shaking very much. But the good part of it was very good views. Right over the mountians(we were at ISB).

-PIA777
GO CUBS!!

Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:59 am

This is a no-brainer.

It was August 2000. I had returned to AMS after a professional conference at Utrecht University, and except at YVR, I had never seen an airport so crowded with tourists. Our AMS-DTW-IAD flight was scheduled for departure around 16:25, but it was held up so passengers from another, overbooked flight could be placed in available seats. A few of us traveling on ff miles were told that our accommodations would be altered as a result of the aircraft being so tightly booked. I took that to mean no aisle or window seats would be available to those of us on 'award' travel.

Finally, they were ready at the gate for the handful of ff folks. My new boarding pass was marked "row 87".

I was unfamiliar with the 747, but I assumed that row was at the very back of Y class, probably leaning up against the lavatories. The last row was numbered '80', so we asked one of the flight attendants standing in the rear of coach where our seats were. "You all are on the wrong deck. These seats are upstairs."

So my travel companions and I took our seats in the last row of First Class on the upper deck of the 747. Life is sweet on the upper deck, especially when the person sitting next to you spent $USD 2500 more than you did for his ticket.

PIA777
Topic Author

Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:13 am

Life is sweet on the upper deck

Very true, I went on PIA's 747-367. The Upper Deck is separated from the rest of the plane. Its very quiet there, you have your separate bathrooms, NO LONG LINES BEFORE LANDING!!. Also IF you want to see the flight deck its no problem, just go knock on the door and ask if you could come in. Hopefully the would let you in.

-PIA777
GO CUBS!!

cancidas

Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:21 am

a flight from DEN to LGA when i got invited to fly jumpseat. we got the river visual approach that day too! it was perfect!
"...cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

BH346

Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:35 am

Northwest Airlines flight 95 from Seattle to Osaka back in the summer of '98. The flight was delayed for five hours or so but it didn't turn out to be a big deal. First, the staff at SEA handled the delayed passengers in a very quick and efficient manner. We were taken care of very well with a morning flight booked as our next flight would be missed from Osaka. Also, we got an excellent hotel at the airport (The Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport). We also got calling cards and a free lunch. I spent the time at SEA watching the NW widebodies come and go as well as all the small Horizon birds. The scenery at Sea-tac is also wonderful with the mountains in the background. The flight itself was very nice, the crew was warm yet professional. The flight was pretty tranquil most of the way there and I got some sleep which is rare for me on planes. We saw the lights of Japan as we approached KIX and we had a smooth arrival.
Northwest Airlines - Some People Just Know How to Fly

Shamrock_747

Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:40 am

No comment needed.  Smile

View Large View Medium

Photo © Yevgeny Pashnin

Tony Lu

Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:44 am

UA 1116 august 13, 2003. ORD-CLE
Boeing 737-5..
N954UA

Tony

B2707SST

Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:08 am

British Airways 049, LHR to SEA on July 8, 2003. World Traveller Plus from SEA-LHR was good, but on the return leg I was unexpectedly bumped to Club World on the upper deck of a 747-400. Service was fantastic, the food and IFE were excellent, and the seat was worlds away from economy. I never thought I'd say this, but that 11-hour flight was over way too soon.

I was also bumped to AA Domestic First on a JFK-SEA flight after a 52-hour blackout-related delay this summer. That was a nice flight, but there was no comparison at all with BA's business.

My best economy flights have been on (in no particular order) United, Continental, and Alaska. I try to avoid Delta after several incidents of poor service and abysmal legroom - I know, theoretically, they all have the same seat pitch, but perception is reality. AA has been hit-and-miss.

--B2707SST
Keynes is dead and we are living in his long run.

sturdy

Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:11 am

Best flights:

Co 767-400 Dublin to Newark-spaceous, sturdy plane, lovely.
Cathay Pacific 747-400 UAE to Hongkong
AA 767
BA 777
Co 757
AA 757
Emirates 747-400

I have a very nice experienced with them. Something that I can always look back and say.... been on those planes couple of times and it's heavenly.

SHUPirate1

Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:11 am

Have to admit, the best flight I ever had was one I wasn't on...back in April of this year, was supposed to fly US Airways PHF-CLT-LGA...PHF-CLT was supposed to be in one of those Piedmont (USX) Dash-8's...was lucky enough to get bumped...for my two-and-a-half hour inconvenience, I was rebooked PHF-ORF-LGA, all on Dash-8's, and was given a free ticket, which I promptly cashed in for an LGA-AGS-LGA itinerary...when I first tried to book the ticket at the counter, I was asked by the ticket agent (who doubled as a check-in agent, after all, Newport News, VA isn't exactly the largest US Airways station) if I was crazy before I presented the just-printed voucher...turned out that I was booking, for free, a $1300 ticket that allowed me to not fly into Atlanta and have to Greyhound to Augusta, and then I also found out later that I was the only person bumped from the flight...BTW, my PHF-ORF leg had 6 people on the plane, and five were going to LGA, and the sixth was an airTran fim going to PIT (airTran, which is the #1 carrier at PHF as well as the only carrier with jet service at the airport, was having problems across the board on their flights with mx...I personally know a group of about 30 people who were given rooms in ATL because they couldn't make their connection at ATL to go to MSP, as their PHF-ATL flight was cancelled (at least they cancelled the flight...last time something like this happened...well, ask the everglades about that) and I was making a dollar every seven seconds just to sit in Newport News' tiny airport (only restaurant is a Burger King, outside of security and there are a total of four gates at the airport) and I wish I had a job that would pay me that much just to sit around and do nothing...or, for that matter, that would pay me that much to even work like a dog...
Burma's constitutional referendum options: A. Yes, B. Go to Insein Prison!

westjet_8

Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:42 am

Canadian Airlines
B737-200
Flew YVR-SAN Jumpseat, great flight, great sevice, man do I miss Canadain.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Joe Pries - A.T. TEAM

Canadian. RIP 1999

FLAIRPORT

Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:13 am

best overall flight:
when I was 7 or 8-1994 or 95: DFW-FLL on DL, New Years eve;
crew was late due to fog and so we left late. They brought champagin onto the flight for everyone. I wish I was born 20 years before! It was really exciting to fly through a new year. Gald it wasn't Y2K! Really brings back the memories of when they made flying fun. they wouldn't do that nowadays.

Best recent flight
9/11/03... a day of 1sts.... first time behind security since 9/11, first time inside the remodeled terminal II (except for when i dropped my mom off he week before), first time on a 767-400. First time seeing a SONG flight deplane. First time seeing a SONG crew, (not a hott crew, though!), first and last time seeing a DLX 757, first time being called a limo driver (I'm only 16), first time NOT eating at the FLL sparro! (in 1996, when my dad would commute every week to FLL, my mom and I would eat there!)

the flight itself was great

the flight that will take that place:
FLL-JFK on B6 in March!
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

high_flyr69

Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:13 am

My first landing that i piloted, C-152 VH-SPG
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice Doggy' until you find the shot gun

sushka

Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:24 am

This is my best
Jumpseat Samara Tu134
here is my trip report:
http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/37644/

I also really liked:

Delta 767-300ER JFK-SVO
Northwest DC10 FRA-MSP
Mesa CRJ SLC-LAS
America West A320 LAS-DTW
United 777 FRA-ORD
United 747 FRA-ORD
Finnair MD8X HEL-SVO

Pershoyu Spravoyu Litaki!

DL328

Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:35 am

DL JFK-CDG in business class. Great seats, service, entertainment, etc.

9v-svc

Whats The Best FLight You Have Ever Been On

Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:43 am

EK 411 from Singapore to Dubai

Not only it's my first ride on the 777-300 but I got a cockpit visit after the flight . This happened last year and I definately enjoyed my 773 ride. Fabulous plane to fly on.  Smile
Airliners is the wings of my life.

skymileman

Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:45 am

In 1995, I was on a Delta 727 from SLC to BIL. It was snowing outside, and still to this day, I think the look of the snowflakes flying by the windows is the coolest thing on earth.

flymia

Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:58 am

They all happened in the same weeks LAX-AA), New Zealand">AKL was great slept like 8 hours. Then SYD-LAX was great too. Great inflight entertainment. I got to stand in the back of the plane and talk to people for 2 hours and had a aisle seat. Slept about 4 hours. Then LAX-MIA the AA 777 is amazing!
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

IMissPiedmont

Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:43 pm

A Hughes AirWest F-27 flight From Klamath Falls to Portland Oregon via Bend/Redmond has to be it.

Reasons not relevant, it's just one of my fonder memories.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

FlyingBanker

Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:49 pm

I have to say the best flight for me would be LAX-LHR-LAX in August of 2000, Premium Economy on the upper deck of a 744. It was amazing how much more spacious the area was, also being upstairs on the 744 feels like your own little private jet. I went downstairs midway through the flight and it looked like hell. Upper Class would have been great but I was happy to be in Premium Economy. I really feel VS gives you EXCELLENT value for the money with Premium Economy. I wonder how likely...(probably not very), it is that VS would come to SEA?

chgoflyer

Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:04 pm

ORD BKK via NRT spring 2003 on United in First class. 747-400 to Tokyo and 777 to Bangkok. Delta Lax HKG was excellent as well on MD 11.. so sad to hear they dropped both the route and plane.
Will someone please wake me up in 4 years

brianhames

Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:10 pm

For me it was June 2 and 13, 2002

ANA 777-200/ER

SFO-NRT-SFO First Class

Great everything.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Brian Hames

Brian

JGPH1A

Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:56 pm

BA004 21JUL97 JFK-LHR - 3hrs 5mins of uninterupted self-indulgence. Marvellous.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

COAB767

Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:09 pm

My best trip was on Continental Micronesia Flight 1 from Honolulu-Guam it was on a Boeing 767-400 and the Flight Attendants were nice, nice seats, clean plane and all out great service.

Continental Micronesia: "Fly With The Warmth Of Paradise"

krisair747

Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:31 pm

I have two that stick out in my mind.

Singapore Airlines SIN-BKK.
It was our first flight on SQ and got upgraded to Raffles due to economy being overbooked! Raffles was so amazing that we were the last off the plane! It was one flight we didn't want to end. Thank you SQ!

Continental Airlines EWR-BHX CO26
It was on Christmas Eve, and I was flying over to surprise my wife for Christmas! I was lucky to have BusinessFirst with only three other people! The whole CO crew dressed up as reindeer, and brought all the kids on the flight, about 9, up into the BF galley, and made them ice cream sundaes! It was a great touch, from a great crew. Thank you CO!

FLY COMAIR JETS!!!
Open your heart and push the limits

JT8D

Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:34 pm

1984, Wardair Canada 747 from Calgary YYC to Prestwick Scotland PIK.

The cabin service was excellent, and I got to visit the flight deck as the sun came up over the horizon. One flight I will never forget.

GH
Graham Hitchen, KMIA

dtwclipper

Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:48 pm

I have three favs: PA JFK-FCO, PA JFK-GIG, and PA GIG-EZE. PA did a great F/C service in those days, and the food between GIG and EZE was great with an outstanding view of Rio on the way to EZE.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

bwc1976

Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:36 pm

In no particular order (except maybe the first one):

1. The co-pilot's seat on my uncle's Beech Duke, from Holdrege, NE to Granbury, TX. This was in 1989 or so, he later traded the Duke for a Turbo Commander 690, and more recently he's been thinking of trading in the Commander for a Cessna 421. I've enjoyed flying the 421 in Flight Simulator 2002, and I'd love to ride in one in real life.

2. American Airlines 777, from DFW to LAX. I thought it was too good to be true, the mighty 777 on a lowly domestic route, until I was actually on. There was a problem with the sound on the movies, but the map display worked perfectly, and I could tell the seats were a little wider than most planes I had been on.

3. Alaska Airlines MD80 from SEA to SAN. This was my second ever time (well, the second half of my first round trip) on Alaska, and I was pleasantly surprised that my girlfriend and I could upgrade to first class for a relatively small fee without being some kind of super duper platinum premier frequent flyer like the larger airlines require. I will definitely try to fly Alaska again in the future.

4. Air New Zealand 747 from LAX to SYD and back. My first ever international flight. Excellent leg room, excellent food (for coach), excellent service all around. I only wish they wouldn't keep interrupting the map display to show movies I wasn't interested in. Plus I forgot to ask if I could visit the cockpit.

Cessna172RG

Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:58 pm

Well, I have a few...

First one that comes to mind was my first ever commercial flight. I was travelling with my father to go to North Carolina to visit family. We left SEA to ORD on a United DC-10. While I don't remember so much of it, I do remember that my neck was sore from staring out the window so much! We connected with a Boeing 737-200 from ORD-RDU, and we were the last people to leave the plane. My father asked the pilots if we could see the cockpit, and they let me sit in the captain's chair while one of the pilots (I can't remember which) pushed the yoke vibrator and said "It's just like a fighter jet, we've even got guns!" I bet if he said that now...well...nevermind... That made the trip!

Now, fast forward into the present...

My "best" overall flight to date has to be one of these two:

Alaska Airlines MD-80, SEA-LAX on June 20th 2003. They gave me an exit row, the flight crew were very nice, and it was my first MD-80 ride. I was very impressed, with both the aircraft and the professionalism.

That flight brought me to LAX to meet up with my Singapore Airlines flight from LAX to NRT. Now...while I was waiting for the flight to board, the stewardesses (in their awesome uniforms) set off the gate alarms by opening the door without putting the code in. That was kind of funny. Once I got on board, even though I was in Economy, it was like being in First! Nonstop beverages, great food, the smiles, IFE, the works! Ah, what I ride. I kept my blanket...

That flight connected with a JAL flight from NRT-FUK (the daily evening 772 run) to get me to my summer job and to my lady. Because they overbooked the flight, they somehow put me into first/business on a coach fare. I slept like a baby on that flight...my first time "turning left" while boarding. And to think, I thought it was in an all-coach configuration and was really worried! Man, it's so different to sit in the front of a 777 than in the back. The pilot sure loved to run over the taxiway lights! IFE was an "airshow" consisting of the pilot's view of the taxi/takeoff/landing. 200 times better than Flight Simulator 2004!!!
Save the whales...for dinner!!!